Thread: Connector for Outlook satisfaction

terry.hull is offline New Member

Default Connector for Outlook satisfaction

How generally satisfied are people using the Outlook connector? After it is running, is it stable or is it painful to maintain? I'm looking for a good solution to allow Outlook to talk to a Exchange-like server, but don't want to create a lot of headaches for myself. I've been using the Open Source version of Zimbra V6 for a long time in a web / IMAP / POP environment for a long time, but now I need a server that will support Outlook.

I'm trying out the current version of the Network Edition, and am having two common problems I see in the forum with Outlook 2010. First is the "Can't authenticate to server" error and the second is the corrupt mapi32.dll problem. I have imported the digital cert into the Windows machine and have told the connector it can use invalid certificates with the suggested registry change, but to no avail.

Is the best thing to just buy a commercial digital certificate and forget the problems with self-signed certificates?

Brad_C is offline Loyal Member

We use self signed. Once it's enrolled and trusted you are good to go.

On the whole, the OLK has been mostly trouble free. Have not really experienced missing mail or calendar events any more than we did with exchange and nothing that can't be fixed with a re-build of the profile. Of course with a decent mail client you dont have these issues at all.

terry.hull is offline New Member

Default Connector reliability

Thanks for the info. I'm considering putting it in for a total of about 100 users in a couple of different companies and don't want to generate a support problem for myself.

Thread Information