Thread: Syncing all-day events

riccadus is offline Intermediate Member

Default Syncing all-day events

We've just upgraded to 4.05 (server & outlook connector) and we're having major issues with all-day events.

All-day events that are synced back to outlook seem to have their times modified. The starting time is correct (12AM that day), but the end time appears to be 7PM the next day. Also, the "All day event" checkbox does not appear checked.

I guess this is similar to a previous issue where all-day events would span over two days, but this seems a little different. There's been so many issues with calendars and timezones I can't keep up.

I've included a relevant slice out of the outlook debug log below. The first thing I notice is that the timezone is completely wrong. It appear to be using Pacific Time (GMT-8), but I'm pretty sure both my server and client are set to use Sydney time (GMT+10). So I have no idea where this is coming from!

I assumed that if this was a simple timezone issue both the start and ending times would have shifted by the same amount, but only the ending time is incorrect.

Any thoughts?

------=_Part_271_24119617.1167980226224
    Content-Type: text/calendar; name=meeting.ics; method=PUBLISH; charset=utf-8
    Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

BEGIN:VCALENDAR
    PRODID:Zimbra-Calendar-Provider
    VERSION:2.0
    METHOD:PUBLISH
    BEGIN:VTIMEZONE
    TZIDGMT-08.00) Pacific Time (US & Canada) / Tijuana
    BEGIN:STANDARD
    DTSTART:16010101T020000
    TZOFFSETTO:-0800
    TZOFFSETFROM:-0700
    RRULE:FREQ=YEARLY;WKST=MO;INTERVAL=1;BYMONTH=10;BY DAY=-1SU
    END:STANDARD
    BEGINAYLIGHT
    DTSTART:16010101T020000
    TZOFFSETTO:-0700
    TZOFFSETFROM:-0800
    RRULE:FREQ=YEARLY;WKST=MO;INTERVAL=1;BYMONTH=4;BYD AY=1SU
    ENDAYLIGHT
    END:VTIMEZONE
    BEGIN:VEVENT
    UID:4c16b19d-c90b-41c8-8df8-1ddb6432eb23
    ORGANIZER:MAILTO:jessica@zimbra.topia
    X-MICROSOFT-CDO-ALLDAYEVENT:TRUE
    SUMMARY:all-day test event 7
    DTSTART;TZID="(GMT-08.00) Pacific Time (US & Canada) / Tijuana":20070109T000
    DTEND;TZID="(GMT-08.00) Pacific Time (US & Canada) / Tijuana":20070110T00000
    X-MICROSOFT-CDO-BUSYSTATUS:BUSY
    X-MICROSOFT-CDO-INTENDEDSTATUS:BUSY
    TRANSP:OPAQUE
    DTSTAMP:20070105T065706Z
    SEQUENCE:0
    END:VEVENT
    END:VCALENDAR
    ------=_Part_271_24119617.1167980226224--

sam
    sam is offline Zimbra Employee

Sounds like bug 9072. Make sure to vote for it.
    Sam Khavari

:: :: [ Zimbra ] :: :: [ Bugzilla ] :: :: [ Product Portal ] :: :: [ Wiki ] :: :: [ Downloads ] :: :: [ . ] ::

riccadus is offline Intermediate Member

Hmmm... I'm not so sure.

The timezones haven't changed at any point on client or server since Zimbra was installed.

JHill is offline Active Member

Encountered what seems to be the same issue, but with an account imported into 4.05. All day events would stretch from midnight to three AM the following day. There was no change in timezones. The events in this situation also were listed as in the Pacific time zone, while both the client and server were in Eastern.

pl804 is offline Junior Member

Default Any update?

Hi, any update?

I seem to be having a similar problem with Activesync. I'm getting some all-day appointments that finish at 3am, some that finish at 9pm. Phone and Mac client set to Eastern. iCal and web interface see the correct times. Difference here (vs. earlier posts) is that appointment start times are also offset.

phoenix is online now Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by pl804 View Post
    Hi, any update?
    What sort of update are you looking for? Sam pointed out earlier that it seems like bug 9072, have you checked that out? I only see three votes on that bug, it seems not to be a very popular bug.
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix View Post
    What sort of update are you looking for? Sam pointed out earlier that it seems like bug 9072, have you checked that out? I only see three votes on that bug, it seems not to be a very popular bug.
    I think this is a different bug. In the case of 9072, the event is created in one tz, then straddles two dates when the user changes the tz.

In this case, the desktop, web, and handheld client are all on the same tz, and there is no change in tz before or after creating the event. The event displays all-day on desktop and web, but shows up 6 hrs early on the handheld. All-day events created on the handheld, however, appear on all three clients correctly as an all-day event.

Looking at the 40 bugs on bugzilla related to time zone, the closest I could find was:

http://bugzilla.zimbra.com/show_bug.cgi?id=12282

b/c of the 6 hr diff, but this was the web client, it appears.

Has anyone else encountered this?

Default Progress

I haven't figured out the cause, but I was able to get a correct all-day sync on my system, see below. I currently suspect it may have to do with an activesync server located in PDT zone.

--

Ran a couple of tests that were pretty interesting.

1. Created all-day event on web interface.

2. Manually set tz to EDT as usual. Synced cal via activesync. Appointment started 6 hrs late at 6am EDT and showed timestamp of 3am PDT.

Repeated 1.

3. Manually set tz to Honolulu time to compensate for the six hours. Synced cal via activesync. Appointment started now 6 hours early at 6pm EDT and showed a 9pm PDT start time. Weird.

Repeated 1.

4. Manually set tz to Los Angeles. Synced cal via activesync. Appointment shows up properly as an all-day event. Changed tz to New York. Appointment still shows up properly as an all-day event.

This leads me to ask, Am I going through an activesync server located on the west coast?

Thread Information