Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: ZCS for Outlook 2013

  1. #1
    Ian Forbes is offline Intermediate Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    16
    Rep Power
    7

    Default ZCS for Outlook 2013

    Hi. When will ZCS support Outlook 2013?? I would have thought that Zimbra would have worked on support for Outlook 2013 and ZCS months before Outlook 2013 was released. Now that it's been released I've tried the latest ZCS connector and it still doesn't support Outlook 2013.

    This is a huge issue as I have customers deciding to look elsewhere because they have decided Outlook 2013 is the mail client they want there users to use.

    At the point of losing any additonal customers and pretty much getting up to speed with other collaboration platforms that support Outlook 2013, when can we expect that ZCS connector will work on Outlook 2013?

  2. #2
    phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Vannes, France
    Posts
    23,495
    Rep Power
    56

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Forbes View Post
    Hi. When will ZCS support Outlook 2013??
    I'd suggest posting your questions in the correct forum in future (not the Zimbra Desktop forum), I'll move it to the correct forum.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Forbes View Post
    I would have thought that Zimbra would have worked on support for Outlook 2013 and ZCS months before Outlook 2013 was released. Now that it's been released I've tried the latest ZCS connector and it still doesn't support Outlook 2013.

    This is a huge issue as I have customers deciding to look elsewhere because they have decided Outlook 2013 is the mail client they want there users to use.

    At the point of losing any additonal customers and pretty much getting up to speed with other collaboration platforms that support Outlook 2013, when can we expect that ZCS connector will work on Outlook 2013?
    The correct place to look for an answer would be bugzilla - search there and check the Product Portal to see if or when the bugs/RFEs you find will be implemented and in which ZCS version.
    Regards


    Bill


    Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

  3. #3
    Ian Forbes is offline Intermediate Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    16
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Thanks for moving it to the correct forum. There is a bug open on this, but it's been open for quite a long time now. Just disappointing that Zimbra seems to be missing the boat on a development integration feature on arguebly the most popular mail thick client.

  4. #4
    phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Vannes, France
    Posts
    23,495
    Rep Power
    56

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Forbes View Post
    Thanks for moving it to the correct forum. There is a bug open on this, but it's been open for quite a long time now. Just disappointing that Zimbra seems to be missing the boat on a development integration feature on arguebly the most popular mail thick client.
    If you check the Product Portal you'll see that it's targeted for an upcoming release in the not-too-distant future (no, I don't know what the timescale is).
    Regards


    Bill


    Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

  5. #5
    robbybobs is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    3
    Rep Power
    1

    Default

    Any idea if this is out yet? I downloaded one version but when Outlook 2013 was open it said I had to close it for it to work. When Outlook 2013 was closed it said that I didn't have it on my system. I'm confused.

  6. #6
    phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Vannes, France
    Posts
    23,495
    Rep Power
    56

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by robbybobs View Post
    Any idea if this is out yet? I downloaded one version but when Outlook 2013 was open it said I had to close it for it to work. When Outlook 2013 was closed it said that I didn't have it on my system. I'm confused.
    It's been available for a while and is in the current versions of ZCS but you haven't really given any details about which versions of ZCS is in use nor the ZCO version.
    Regards


    Bill


    Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

  7. #7
    robbybobs is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    3
    Rep Power
    1

    Default

    I have Windows 8 (64 bit). Zimbra version 6.0.6. . I downloaded ZimbraConnectorOLK_7.2.1.547_x64.

  8. #8
    robbybobs is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    3
    Rep Power
    1

    Default

    Does this information make a difference?

  9. #9
    phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Vannes, France
    Posts
    23,495
    Rep Power
    56

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by robbybobs View Post
    Does this information make a difference?
    In my previous post I mentioned current versions of ZCS, that would be in the ZCS 8.0.x release and that's currently 8.0.5.
    Regards


    Bill


    Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Office 2013 Support
    By broesel in forum Zimbra Connector for Outlook
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 05-07-2013, 09:49 AM
  2. Microsoft Office 2013 ActiveSync and Zimbra
    By Chewie71 in forum Administrators
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-02-2012, 07:29 AM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-12-2012, 06:52 PM
  4. Zimbra via ActiveSync in Outlook 2013 Preview
    By lfletche in forum Zimbra Connector for Outlook
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-25-2012, 04:00 AM
  5. mysqlcheck: Got error: 2013
    By mtanzer in forum Administrators
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-04-2009, 08:37 AM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •