Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Outlook connector cannot connect to the Zimbra server

grafiky is offline Active Member

Default Outlook connector cannot connect to the Zimbra server

Hi,

I have installed Zimbra 7.1.4_GA_2555.

After install I have open all port included in the zcs-ne-admin-guide.

Once downloaded Zimbra connector for Outlook and installed I open Outlook 2010 32bit and it asks me for:
    • Server name
    • Email address
    • Password

I fill all the fields with “Use secure connection” unchecked it gives me the message:
    “Zimbra authorization Failure: you account could not be validated against the Zimbra server. Please make sure you are online, and that you entered the correct information”

But If I go to the web access https://mail01.domain.com I can acces with the user and pass.

Then I try to use the connector with “Use Secure connection” Checked. And the message is completely diferent, it says:
    “Zimbra Authorization Failure: Your account could not be validated against the Zimbra server. Unable to establish a secure connection to the server because the identity of the server could noy be verified due to a problem with the server’s certificate. Contact you system administrator for assistance. (As a temporary measure, you may be able to establish a non.secure connection by un checking the ‘Use Secure Connection’ box on the profiles dialog.) ”

Please any idea?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
    Rafael

phoenix is online now Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

Self Signed Certificate? If it is, did you try importing it into Outlook: +"outlook 2010" +"import certificate" - Yahoo! Search Results You should also make sure you use Port 587 for the Submission port.
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

Not really, I did a new installation of Zimbra in a Suse Enterprise 11 SP1 and the Certificate was auto-created by the zimbra installation. I didn't have the chance of create a Self Signed Certificate...

Do you know how can I download the certificate that Zimbra created? Then maybe I can install (import) to the Trust Center in Outlook.

I can post you what Zimbra created (if it gives any idea):

---
    Server Name: mail01.domain.com
    Certificate for Zimbra ldap Service:
    Subject: /C=US/ST=N/A/O=Zimbra Collaboration Suite/OU=Zimbra Collaboration Suite/CN=mail01.domain.com
    Issuer: /C=US/ST=N/A/L=N/A/O=Zimbra Collaboration Suite/OU=Zimbra Collaboration Suite/CN=mail01.domain.com
    Validation Days: Feb 16 13:11:03 2012 GMT - Feb 15 13:11:03 2013 GMT
    Subject Alternative Name:
    Certificate for Zimbra mailboxd Service:
    Subject: /C=US/ST=N/A/O=Zimbra Collaboration Suite/OU=Zimbra Collaboration Suite/CN=mail01.domain.com
    Issuer: /C=US/ST=N/A/L=N/A/O=Zimbra Collaboration Suite/OU=Zimbra Collaboration Suite/CN=mail01.domain.com
    Certificate for Zimbra mta Service:
    Certificate for Zimbra proxy Service:
    ---

Is this a common problem? or ussualy it works fine without anyproblem?

Thanks again.

Regards,
    Rafael

phoenix is online now Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by grafiky View Post
    Not really, I did a new installation of Zimbra in a Suse Enterprise 11 SP1 and the Certificate was auto-created by the zimbra installation. I didn't have the chance of create a Self Signed Certificate...
    That is a Self Signed Certificate.

Quote Originally Posted by grafiky View Post
    Do you know how can I download the certificate that Zimbra created? Then maybe I can install (import) to the Trust Center in Outlook.
    I've already given you a link to lots of articles that cover the subject (there may even be details in the forums if you search).
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

Hi Bill,

I have been crazy with this problem. I read a lot of articles. But it doesn't work.

I have follow this thread: "http://www.zimbra.com/forums/administrators/55541-how-install-cerificate-outlook-2010-a.html"
    And from that thread this link: "http://blogs.technet.com/b/sbs/archive/2007/04/10/installing-a-self-signed-certificate-as-a-trusted-root-ca-in-windows-vista.aspx"

I can see the certificate in the certmgr.msc inside "Trusted Root Certfication Authorities -> Certificates".

Note: I continue this thread as I think is in the correct category "Zimbra Connector Outlook".

Anyone have any idea?

Thanks in advance
    Regards,
    Rafael Blasco

Hi,

Well I think the is a bug in the connector. As is not possible to "Allow invalid certificates" in the connector installation.

Where it says that if we would like to use ssl conections only we must buy a ssl certificate? and if we don't buy it, how is possible that is so complicated make it runs?

I'm still fighting with the Outlook Zimbra Connection

Regards,
    Rafael

Finally I solved it.

Thanks to the Zimbra's Support Services, as I have a Premium level (and I didn't know it)...

I had to go to the server through ssh, locate certificate, convert to a Windows format, save it in every computers and import to the OS like it was described in the link I posted above.

Regards,
    Rafael Blasco

mintra is offline Special Member

Default This is awful

I was nervous enough after some Zimbra update issues to 7, but now I find I have to get someone to spend all day updating connectors on the Network edition, he is not clear where to get the certificate, how to convert it or anything.

Long live the open source edition, I dont get these problems with it.

kc.desilva is offline Starter Member

same issue ..Struggling to test the Zimbra connector for Outlook (Zimbra 8.0 network edition)
    Kindly share your valued experience…
    Setup
    Server: VMware Zimbra version 8.00 Network edition
    Client: Windows 7 64 bit
    Connector: Zimbra connector (64bits) for Outlook 8.00
    E-mail account with IMAP enabled
    Certificate used: self-singed

Error message
    ‘Failed to establish a secure connection to sever xxxxx because it’s security certificate is defective’
    Articles referred so far
    How to install cerificate in Outlook 2010 ?
    http://infrastructure.tamu.edu/messa...or_Outlook.pdf
    Outlook connector cannot connect to the Zimbra server
    http://helpdesk.louisiana.edu/sites/...0Connector.pdf
    Zimbra Collaboration Suite :: Downloads
    Can't Share Calendar

Hi,

Download ZCO

After that I would like to suggest you few more steps so that you do not face the certificate issue, please follow these steps on your server:-
    First you will have to obtain the self-signed certificate from the server. The certificate is in the form or PEM file, which cannot be installed on the windows system so we need to convert the certificate file.

For this you will have to follow the steps mentioned below: -

1. Log on to your server as root and go to the directory "/opt/zimbra/ssl/zimbra/ca"

2. Run the command: -

$ openssl x509 -in ca.pem -out cacert.der -outform DER ( as root )

This will generate a file called cacert.der in the same directory. Copy this file and store it on the windows system on which you want to import the certificate.

Once you have it on the windows system, double click it and install it, if you are using Windows XP then you can go with the default settings to install the certificate but if you are using Windows Vista or 7 then make sure you install the certificate in 'Trusted Root Certification Authorities' container while installing the certificate.

Once this is done, you are good to go and start using Outlook with ZCO.

Regards,
    Rafael

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information