Thread: ZCS Connector Version 7.1.1.6324 Issue with Outlook 2007/2010

Milehigh5000 is offline New Member

Exclamation ZCS Connector Version 7.1.1.6324 Issue with Outlook 2007/2010

Hello all,

I am having an issue with the ZCS Connector version 7.1.1.6324 and Outlook 2007/2010 on two computers. One computer is running Windows 7 Professional and Outlook 2010 and the other computer is running Windows XP Pro with Outlook Small Business 2007. Both are using the 7.1.1.6324 version of the ZCS connector. When I start Outlook on my computer, it will start loading all the mail and then suddenly an error report will pop up telling me that Outlook needs to close. However, if I uninstall the ZCS Connector version 7.1.1.6324 and reinstall the older version 5.0.11, the issue does not occur. This allows me to use the program as normal with no errors.

Is anyone aware of this issue or experiencing the same issues? Would upgrading to a newer version of the ZCS connector software resolve this issue? Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Default Log File

I came across some other forum posts that described how to get the log files for the ZCS Connector. Here is a .dmp file that was generated when Outlook crashed.

Let me know if this helps you understand what is causing the issue.

Thanks!
    Attached Files Attached Files

UMDjwain is offline Trained Alumni

Quote Originally Posted by Milehigh5000 View Post
    Hello all,

I am having an issue with the ZCS Connector version 7.1.1.6324 and Outlook 2007/2010 on two computers. One computer is running Windows 7 Professional and Outlook 2010 and the other computer is running Windows XP Pro with Outlook Small Business 2007. Both are using the 7.1.1.6324 version of the ZCS connector. When I start Outlook on my computer, it will start loading all the mail and then suddenly an error report will pop up telling me that Outlook needs to close. However, if I uninstall the ZCS Connector version 7.1.1.6324 and reinstall the older version 5.0.11, the issue does not occur. This allows me to use the program as normal with no errors.

Is anyone aware of this issue or experiencing the same issues? Would upgrading to a newer version of the ZCS connector software resolve this issue? Any suggestions?

Thanks!
    If I recall correctly, Outlook Connectors prior to 7.1.2 had a crash bug when Outlook tried downloading the GAL. I've also found that using early Outlook connector 7.x versions with 6.x server caused similar problems/weirdness.

And as a general rule, unless you're running 5.x server, 5.x outlook connectors shouldn't be used anymore as they are a detriment to server performance.

Quote Originally Posted by UMDjwain View Post
    If I recall correctly, Outlook Connectors prior to 7.1.2 had a crash bug when Outlook tried downloading the GAL. I've also found that using early Outlook connector 7.x versions with 6.x server caused similar problems/weirdness.

And as a general rule, unless you're running 5.x server, 5.x outlook connectors shouldn't be used anymore as they are a detriment to server performance.
    I could try to update the outlook connector to a newer version. Maybe that will fix the crash bug.

Also, the only reason I am using the 5.x outlook connector is because that is the only one that it works with.

Thanks for your help. I'll update you on this once I've updated everything.

fsiegel is offline Zimbra Employee

I would upgrade the connector. It could be bug 62580, fixed in 7.1.2. Possibly 60172, fixed in 7.1.3.

Thread Information