Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Troubleshooting Sync Error - Unknown Failure

  1. #1
    midsonm is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    4
    Rep Power
    4

    Default Troubleshooting Sync Error - Unknown Failure

    Hello,

    I am attempting to troubleshoot a sync error. The send/receive process for Zimbra returns a Failed result with Unknown Failure.

    I have been able to generate log files and send them off to my hosting provider, so they are investigating, however they are not prepared to support any add-ins that might be causing the problem.

    I am evaluating an Outlook Add-In "Ceptara Organizer for Outlook" Organizer for Outlook 2007 & 2010 | Ceptara which I think may be what is causing the problem.

    What I would like to be able to do is try to find out what is causing the sync failure and provide that information to Ceptara to see if they can help me with the issue. (Perhaps even setup a Zimbra profile in their product as they have one for Kerio.)

    So if anyone can help me trouble shoot these log files that would be appreciated.

    Please let me know what you need me to post in order to get started.

    I have disabled the add-in and I still have the sync issue. Nothing is being reported as a sync error message/item in my mailbox.

    This is the 2nd time it has happened. I had to delete my last profile an sync it up again.

    I will be doing some more testing on this and will post any results I find.

    Cheers,

    Matt

  2. #2
    fsiegel is offline Zimbra Employee
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    1,334
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Just post a ZCO log. Hopefully one generated with HTTP logging on and verbose logging off. Use as small a run as possible -- just capture the error and exit outlook.

  3. #3
    midsonm is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    4
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    After a bit of reading I rolled back the sync token by about 100 and the client started to sync again. I am not sure what the impact of this is. I am still testing so I will post a log next time the sync issues occurs again.

    Thank-you for your offer to help.

    Regards,

    Matt

  4. #4
    midsonm is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    4
    Rep Power
    4

    Default Error log

    Hello,

    I was able to capture a failed sync again. Attached is a zip file with the logs. Just permitted Outlook to start, let the sync fail and then shutdown.

    Cheers,

    Matt
    Attached Files Attached Files

  5. #5
    fsiegel is offline Zimbra Employee
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    1,334
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    From the log, it's difficult to see what's going on, but if I had to guess, I would say it has to do with Outlook Categories (or as Zimbra calls them, tags). A lot of times, these addins create Categories, and sometimes the naming conventions cause grief for Zimbra.

    In the bad download, I see it is downloading 3 tags:

    id 67 @FollowUp
    id 70 @Complex
    id 69 700000

    It looks like 67 downloaded OK, but I'm a little leery about the others.

    Perhaps as a test (if it doesn't mess you up), you could remove (or rename) some of these categories and see if this makes a difference.

    Let me know what happens. This is just a theory, but I can't really see anything else that is causing problems.

  6. #6
    midsonm is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    4
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    I have been using the add-in now for nearly a week and noticed that most of the sync issues occured during initial setup.
    I think you are right in that the Tags appeared to get out of sync. I rolled the synctoken back, (sometimes by about 1000) and the client would sync back up.
    So I think users of this add in perhaps need to take their time during the initial setup of their Projects and Focuses using the tags to avoid the sync issues.
    I think part of the problem may have also been that I was trying to get the Toodledo instances of the tasks to sync up as well at the same time.

    (Main reason for looking at this is becuase what I had been using for Toodledo sync is no longer under development.)

    So, in summary, so far so good, I still have more time on the evaluation and will post back to this thread any results good or bad but so far so good.

    Thanks for the help so far.

    Matt

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Gmail sync failure due to virus in inbox
    By vin23 in forum Error Reports
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-13-2011, 03:58 AM
  2. Sync Failure
    By calltopher in forum Error Reports
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-08-2011, 08:25 AM
  3. Sync Failure
    By chads in forum Error Reports
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-22-2010, 01:47 PM
  4. Replies: 13
    Last Post: 11-20-2008, 12:42 PM
  5. Hangs on "Loading" screen
    By gbr in forum General Questions
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 06-19-2008, 01:01 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •