Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Outlook connector sync fails for shared calendar -- release 4.03GA

nyamada is offline Intermediate Member

Default Outlook connector sync fails for shared calendar -- release 4.03GA

We've just upgraded to Zimbra 4.03GA and upgraded the outlook connector as well.

Two of our outlook users can be managers of another user's contacts and calendar.

After installing the new connector, we re-created their Outlook profiles from scratch-- the outlook sync seemed to go fine; and all their email, contacts and calendar are present. But in the shared user folders, whilst all the contacts seem to be there, many of the calendar entries are missing.

From zimbra, they have all the calendar entries and contact entries.

When I check the zimbra sync.log, I can see that the outlook connector has received all the appointments:

email1# grep [owner of calendar entry] zimbra.log | grep GetAppointment | grep [shared user name] | wc -l

which is around the number of entries he has in the calendar.

But most of the entries don't appear in the outlook calendar.

I've now reproduced this bug on a separate machine; I created a new profile for one of the users and repeated the sync, with the same results.

This was _not_ a problem with 4.02GA and the 4.02GA outlook connector.

HELP!

Matt Rhoades is offline Zimbra Employee

I wasn't able to repro this issue. But, if you have more information that can help debug, please see this bug:

http://bugzilla.zimbra.com/show_bug.cgi?id=11302

paul123 is offline Active Member

Hi,

I am also getting some weird problems with the new Outlook connector. We just recently upgrdaded from 4.0.0 to 4.0.3 and I have installed the new outlook connector. I have several users that I have shared to my account there calendar and inbox etc and everything was working fine under 4.0.0 but since upgrading to 4.0.3 the calendars and inbox shares are doing some strange things.

If I open one other user's mailbox it seems to work fine but as soon as I open more than one other mailbox the calendars do not show any entry's and when I tick one of the calendars it ticks all the shared user calendars as if they are the same calendar and the shared email folders appear the same for each user as well. It also seems alot more unstable and crashes outlook alot when I am muching around with this.

I am running Windows XP pro and outlook 2003 SP2 and I have tried deleting profiles and remaking them and uninstalling the connector and also duplicated this problem on other PC's.

This is a bit hard to explain so hopefully that all makes sense.

Paul

Shurik is offline Member

I have the same issue with the same calendar showing for diff. people.
    Other then that, since I upgraded to .0.3 w. OLK connector, my outlook keeps constantly crashing for everyone I upgrade to olk 3. what is going on w. this thing?! I almost completely gave up on using outlook.
    I ended up reinstalling outlook and olk connector, recreated all profiles, still OLK connector doesn't work, and outlook keeps crashing.
    I have a support ticket for this, but that is not moving along very well. I barely had the network version for month, not even, and it's just one issue after another w. OLK. Right now I am stuck on OLD conn. ver. .0.2 for most users and all the bugs that come w. that. please some one help!

KaiW is offline Member

I had similar problems with one of my users. This is what helped for me:
    - deinstall any zco
    - remove all existing email accounts
    - backing up existing pst and .db files and moving them out of the way, then start outlook with /cleanpst
    - reinstall zco 4.0.3, sync

I suppose the existing .pst file of the user had some old data that got in the way.

Perhaps this helps ;-)

Kai

Shurik is offline Member

Although this may work, I don't see it as a viable solution because I would have to do this for a number of users, which becomes and administrative headache during business hours when users need their email.

sam
    sam is offline Zimbra Employee

shurik, please PM me your support case number.
    Sam Khavari

:: :: [ Zimbra ] :: :: [ Bugzilla ] :: :: [ Product Portal ] :: :: [ Wiki ] :: :: [ Downloads ] :: :: [ . ] ::

paul123 is offline Active Member

I have tried installing the outlook connector on a totally fresh machine which did not have Zimbra or any other Outlook email account setup previously and the problem is still there.

I even tried reinstalling office with no service pack then installed SP2 etc. Still no luck.

As soon as I open more than one other mailbox the second and third mailbox's are exact copies of the first mailbox (both shared calendars and email folders are duplicated).

Paul

sam
    sam is offline Zimbra Employee

a 4.0.4 update is coming and that fixes the crashes you are experiencing
    Sam Khavari

:: :: [ Zimbra ] :: :: [ Bugzilla ] :: :: [ Product Portal ] :: :: [ Wiki ] :: :: [ Downloads ] :: :: [ . ] ::

nyamada is offline Intermediate Member

Default Yes, we have been told that --

but do you have a ETA for when that release is coming? We were originally told early last week -- : (

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information