Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sync Data Location on Desktop

mefish is offline Intermediate Member

Default Sync Data Location on Desktop

Can anyone tell me where the sync data is stored on the desktop?
    Thanks

phoenix is online now Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by mefish View Post
    Can anyone tell me where the sync data is stored on the desktop?
    What do you actually mean by the 'sync data'?
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

fsiegel is offline Zimbra Employee

Do you mean the .zdb file? That's the Zimbra equivalent to the .pst. It has the same format. Unless you specify a different place in the config, it is located on an XP system in:

C:\Documents and Settings\<user>\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook

On Windows7, it's in the comparable place under C:\Users

Quote Originally Posted by fsiegel View Post
    Do you mean the .zdb file? That's the Zimbra equivalent to the .pst. It has the same format. Unless you specify a different place in the config, it is located on an XP system in:

C:\Documents and Settings\<user>\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook

On Windows7, it's in the comparable place under C:\Users
    Sorry should have been more specific. Is there a file on the desktop when using the connector that contains the "last" sync information i.e. holds the dates and times etc that the syncing took place?
    I am running a unique configuration and am trying to figure out why occasionally I get old reminders that pop up for meetings which I have already dismissed in Outlook. It appears that the system is trying to sync again as if the zdb that I am using has not been updated already. I am copying all the files from the install location of he zdb to my other system but this dies not appear to be foolproof as I still get some additional syncing going on even though I have not logged onto my email from any other system.
    Thanks

We use a sync token, which is just a number. If you so to the ZCO support bar, and do a Set Sync Token, it will give you that number. That number is stored in the zdb. Copying these files around sounds kind of dangerous. Why not use a roaming profile?

Default Roaming

I would but we are stili on version 5.0 so that is not an option to my understanding.
    Thanks

Version 5? Yikes.

Default Sync Token location

So we upgraded to version 7 which is great but I am still having some issues with my Outlook 2010 calendar.
    You stated that the sync token is stored in the zdb but it looks like the server doesn't recognize the current token when I copy the zdb to another system and then open my outlook on thta machine. it keeps creting multiple calendar items so ar eyou sure the sync token is stored in the zdb or is there another location that the server looks to determine teh syncing?

Just wondering as if it is simply stored in the ZDB itself my problem is deeper than syncing and may be related to Outlook itself, very possible.

Also two other questions.
    1. I have noticed that if I delete a duplicate many times either ZCO puts it back onthe calendar or it deletes not just the duplicate but the original appt also. Quite frustrating at times...
    2. When scheduling meetings with staff who work only on the web client I get an error message from outlook 2010 that it could not confirm the availability of the person. It is one of those transient messages that pops up and goes away so I cannot show my ops team what is happening. This happens even though some folks have their calendar shared both internal and external.
    Thanks for any help you can lend.

Just copying the ZDB to another system doesn't sound like the greatest idea. There are registry entries to do with profiles, etc. Have you tried the Move ZDB command in the configuration tab?

The sync token is a MAPI property in the ZDB. You can try going tothe Set Sync Token item in the Support part of the ribbon for Zimbra. See what it says for Sync Token.

Default Sync tokens and setup

So I "tricked" the system and setup the zdb in exactly the same folders allowing the file naming convention that Zimbra likes to change for mutliple zdbs in the same folder and got that all consistent but the issue still remains that we seem to be creating new entries for existing appts within the Outlook calendar. It is either a sync issue that it creates the entries fromt eh server because it doesn't recognize that it is a synced file or it is my blackberry syning that i sthrowing everything off which is why i am trying to figure out if Zimbra truly stores the sync token wihtin the ZBD or another config file or the registry.
    The staff loves ZCS but if I cannot make it work I need to find an alternative as 4 appts being created for the same meeting is unacceptable.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information