Thread: sync all contacts fields

sgiunchi is offline Junior Member

Default sync all contacts fields

Hi, I've been asked to sync, and view in webmail, all contact fields in Outlook - for example, all the fields in the "Details" tab.
    I tried, but the fields not only are not shown in the webmail, but are neither copied to the Zimbra db: if i access to the account with another outlook, all these fields are not passed, but just the basic ones (name, phone, etc).

I didn't find any bugzilla on this, it seems strange to me because there's a big potential of losing data: the user thinks that data is saved to the server, but when brakes/loses/changes pc, he finds that all these additional fields were not saved.

Can someone confirm this? I'll open a bug, if it's confirmed.

Thanks

fsiegel is offline Zimbra Employee

We do sync all these fields, and we have been doing it for awhile. Here are a number of bugs associated with this:

13551, 24496, 25567, 40056, 40100, 50703, 52830.

The first 4 are very old, the 5th one (40100) is version 6, and the last 2 are new for version 7.

Quote Originally Posted by fsiegel View Post
    We do sync all these fields, and we have been doing it for awhile. Here are a number of bugs associated with this:

13551, 24496, 25567, 40056, 40100, 50703, 52830.

The first 4 are very old, the 5th one (40100) is version 6, and the last 2 are new for version 7.
    Thank you for your answer.

Bug 50703 is very useful and I commented it to ask if it can be ported to 6.

I confirm that user fields 1-4 are kept (bug 13551); if then i go to webmail, the 4 fields are shown, but if i edit they are all with the same value (the type is outlookUserField).

There are anyway a big number of standard fields which are not synchronized. Maybe in the Italian version of Outlook??? I tried to fill all the "all contact fields" in "other fields" ("altri campi" in italian), and at least half of them are not synchronized. Within these, Reparto, Ufficio, Manager, Assistente, Professione, Nome Coniuge which are also shown in the "detagli" (details) tab, in the attachment.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Bug 50654 fixes the OutlookUserField problem. We do sync things like Department, Office Location, etc. I don't see any place for them in the web client, however.

Quote Originally Posted by fsiegel View Post
    Bug 50654 fixes the OutlookUserField problem. We do sync things like Department, Office Location, etc. I don't see any place for them in the web client, however.
    Yes, there is no place in the web client, but with users using almost only Outlook clients, all Outlook data should be synced to server. Anyway, the Department field is one of the fields not synced in my version (6.0.8 in outlook 2003 sp3 ITA).

I tried to open bug 54846, but it has not been accepted...

I think this is a bug, but it seems there is no intention to correct this...

thanks
    Stefano

Not in any 6.0.x version. The change was too big. 7.0 has all of this.

Thread Information