Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [SOLVED] Outlook 2010 and Personas

fnbwaseca is offline Junior Member

Default [SOLVED] Outlook 2010 and Personas

I'm having problems getting Outlook 2010 to recognize and use Personas. It work fine on older versions of Outlook but I cannot find any Persona tab in the Options in 2010.
    I've tried setting up the Persona through the web client but it doesn't automatically use it in Outlook and I can't find any settings for it.

fsiegel is offline Zimbra Employee

Not sure what version of ZCO you are using, but bug 49073 was fixed in version 6.0.8. There is now access to Personas in Outlook 2010. The reason you can't see it in Outlook when you set it up in the web client is because it only syncs when you access the personas tab.

So if you upgrade to 6.0.8, it will work.

That must be the problem. I'm running version 6.0.7 right now. I'll try to upgrade and see if that fixes it.

mas
    mas is offline Intermediate Member

I still have that problem that I manually have to chance the sender within Outlook 2010. Else it is choosing the default address which I can't chance withing the persona dialog.

I am using 6.0.8 connector and 6.0.8 server.

Gap Year is offline Starter Member

Quote Originally Posted by fnbwaseca View Post
    That must be the problem. I'm running version 6.0.7 right now. I'll try to upgrade and see if that fixes it. gap year
    I had the same issue and upgrading it fixed it for me.

What do you mean -- you manually have to change the sender? Is the persona dialog there or not?

mas
    mas is offline Intermediate Member

Quote Originally Posted by fsiegel View Post
    What do you mean -- you manually have to change the sender? Is the persona dialog there or not?
    The dialog is there. But I can't change the default sender. There is no button for setting default address. If I leave dialog box with "Okay" and did choose another persona the default persona is not changed.

However if I change the persona within sending a mail it is sent with the correct persona. The problem is that with a new message persona is set back to default (in my case the wrong persona). So I would have to change the persona every time in the mail from field as the persona dialog does not change the default persona.

Upgrading to 6.0.8 fixed the problem for me. At least mostly.

You still can't change the From field on the default Persona. But if you go in through the Web interface and change the Default From it will carry over into the Outlook Persona screen. I can live with that.

I filed bug 51816 against ZCO. You should be able to change the default persona as well, if the server allows it.

The server does allow it because I can change it through the web interface. I just checked on Outlook 2003 and you can't change the default Persona From there either so it's not limited out Outlook 2010.

But like I said earlier, if you change it through the web interface it populates to the Outlook connector fine.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information