Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [SOLVED] ZCO fails with "Outlook is not installed on your system"

jxn
    jxn is offline Active Member

Default [SOLVED] ZCO fails with "Outlook is not installed on your system"

Hi,

I am having great difficulties with a user trying to install ZCO on Windows 7, Outlook 2010 (32Bit), and ZCS NE 6.0.7 with the connector for that version.

Outlook is installed on the machine and running fine, but when the ZCO msi is launched and run, after hanging for a while on install the installer fails and returns the alert "Outlook is not installed on your system". Outlook is installed, and I have repaired it just to make sure that everything is in place, but the message keeps appearing. We even tried making a brand new Windows login/account and installing the connector on a completely vanilla windows profile on the same machine (again, Outlook is installed and running), but we received the same error!

I'm looking for some clues or places to look to solve this problem, because I have not had much luck so far.

Help = appreciated. Thanks!

gnyce is offline Advanced Member

It is likely looking for the presence of mapi.dll or mapi32.dll or mapistub, etc. Run the installer from a cmd-prompt... you can tell it verbose logging to a file, that should tell you more of what it is error-ing out on.

fsiegel is offline Zimbra Employee

msiexec /i <zcofilename>.msi /l*v <somename>.log

Look for info about GetMapiSvcPath. Perhaps your path variable is not set correctly, and we're not finding MAPI. It's possible the MAPI part of your installation is messed up, and running fixmapi would help.

Usually though, it's a path problem.

jxn

Yes, thanks gnyce and fsiegel for your replies. I should have given a bit more information. I have scoured the forums for similar issues already, and I already wound up running fixmapi with no change. mapi.dll/mapi32.dll appeared to be in good condition, but I don't recall hunting for mapistub. I tried running the install file from a command prompt by navigating to the file directory, using msiexec, but I am not very adept at using that tool (windows shell is not my forté like good old fashioned linux). It is strange that there would be something wrong with MAPI libraries/support as this machine (supposedly) almost new-out-of-the-box and Outlook itself starts without complaining of library difficulties.

Anyway, another try at catching that log information will certainly help. Thanks much in the meantime!

jxn

Default The plot thickens!

This issue is getting rather complex, but I returned to the machine today to try to get closer look. I ran the installer with logging output (the file, sanitized to remove the username, is attached).

I have not finished slogging through the log file, but I can indeed see the lines indicating that the mapi svc path cannot be found:
    Code:
    IsBESInstall. IsBESInstall read as 0
    CA LOG: UILevel = 5
    CA LOG: Entering GetMAPISvcPath.
    CA LOG: mapistub.dll path - C:\Windows\system32\mapistub.dll.
    CA LOG: Failed to get path for mapisvc.inf using MSIOfficeLCID.
    CA LOG: Failed to get path for msmapi32.dll using the FGetComponentPath function.
    CA LOG: This may indicate a broken Office installation.
    CA LOG: Entering GetOutlookVersion.
    CA LOG: OUTLOOK_APPLICATION_VERSION_KEY - Outlook.Application.14.
    CA LOG: Outlook Major Version = 14l.
    CA LOG: Failed to get outlook minor version, continuing with major version only.
    CA LOG: Leaving GetOutlookVersion.
    Failed to retreive MAPISVC path. Outlook version is 14. Installation will abort
    CA LOG: Leaving GetMAPISvcPath.
    CA LOG: Aborting profile creation as profile creation event never got set
    CustomAction CreateDefaultProfileCA returned actual error code 1603 (note this may not be 100% accurate if translation happened inside sandbox)
    Action ended 15:42:16: CreateDefaultProfileCA. Return value 1603.
    I wasn't quite sure how to resolve this issue (fixmapi should work, shouldn't it? It did not seem to this time).

I was, and still am, a bit stumped--but I decided to do a bit more checking on the Outlook install to make sure everything seemed kosher.

The c:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12 and Office14 folders were virtually empty, and I found no trace of outlook.exe on the system anywhere. I discovered that this installation is a click-to-run installation, an animal I have yet to see in the wild. Apparently, the shortcuts execute "c:\program files\common files\microsoft shared\virtualization handler\cvh.exe" " Microsoft Outlook 2010 9014006204090000" which leads to an executable on a mounted drive or partition to which the user has no read access. I am a bit worried that this might be part of the problem, though I am seeking a workaround. Any help or tips would be greatly appreciated!
    Attached Files Attached Files

Bug 50015, I believe

jxn

Quote Originally Posted by fsiegel View Post
    Bug 50015, I believe
    Thank you; that explains a lot!

fselendic is offline Loyal Member

Hi guys...

so what's the status of this issue; ZCO still doesnt support Outlook 2010 Home and Bussines that uses Click2Run tech?

From bug I can see only that "providing meaningfull error" is fixed.

Am I right? ZCO cannot be installed on that verison?

That's what the bug says: Correct, click2run is unsupported at this time.

fselendic is offline Loyal Member

Quote Originally Posted by fsiegel View Post
    That's what the bug says: Correct, click2run is unsupported at this time.
    Thnx, we recomended IMAP.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information