Thread: Delivery receipts

aoimacollamain is offline New Member

Default Delivery receipts

Hi
    I am wondering why the ZCO doesn't pass delivery receipts from Outlook? For a few potential customers this is a show stopper. I've done an experiment and found that if you connect to Zimbra via pop/imap instead of ZCO, these reports go through.

Would it take to enable delivery receipts in Outlook?

Thanks
    Steve

GWilliams is offline Senior Member

Hi Steve,

This is in the pipelines, as they have only recently added the read receipt, which works beautifully with the new ZCO.

I don't see how this can be a show stopper though, as a read receipt is even more valuable than a delivery receipt... Also, a delivery receipt doesn't guarantee that the message actually reached the recipients' mailbox, only a server that is enabled to respond. Many servers block delivery/read receipts in any case...

Oh, well, I suppose some clients are quite stuck in their ways, but I would try to convince them another way. Zimbra really does what clients need and is constantly being improved. I'm sure delivery receipts will be available one of these days.

Best of luck.

aoimacollamain is offline New Member

It's a show stopper for solicitors and accountants and the like only need proof that they did indeed send the document or email for legal reasons. Normal procedure would then be to follow it up with a phone call and ask the recipient if they've read it. For these types of customers, it is an essential part of how they conduct their business.

We have some that are popping into zimbra to acheive this, but then they lose the other benefits of synchronisation.

GWilliams is offline Senior Member

Sorry to hear that it's a show stopper... I would try to "sell" them on a journal account and auto-bcc all mail to a separate mailbox? That way, they still have proof that they have sent the mail and all mail can be kept for x-amount of years, depending on their legal requirements.

Auto-bcc can be achieved quite easily. Try looking at the link below to give you an idea:
    [SOLVED] Automatically CC an account? Is this possible?

Thread Information