Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RE: Disable Calendar and Contract Sync

hkclp is offline Junior Member

Default RE: Disable Calendar and Contract Sync

Is there any way to disable calendar and contract sync between outlook and zimbra server?

any updates on this one?

how would that not possible?

Dirk is offline Moderator

Hi, to clarify, you are using ZCS 6.x NE with the Outlook Connector installed on the client side and you want the connector to only, "connect" email, and ignore the contacts and calendar, right?

Contacts and calendars created in the ZCS web client should remain there and not be shown to Outlook, and anything created in Outlook should remain there and not be sent up to the server.

Is that what you are wanting to do?

Before I look into is it possible, could you tell me how you plan to deal with meeting invites? If you book something into your calendar and invite someone to the same appointment, how will this configuration handle such a thing?

Like I say, I've not yet checked to see if it is possible to disable these functions, but the question that jumps out at me is why would it be possible?

fsiegel is offline Zimbra Employee

There is an enhancement request (bug 12790) where you can get some background on this. We haven't done it yet. The main concern seemed to be performance. We have since done other things for better performance (download headers only, enhancements to sync, choosing a range on delegate calendar syncs, etc). 7.0 will have more performance improvements.

We haven't heard as much on this lately. It is slated for IronMaiden.

Dear Dirk,

Now I understand the issue... However, on the other hand, this function may be critical for a lot of people. As a lot of us are having the same calendar for personal and business tasks, if it sync with the "zimbra" group... all the personal scheduled tasks will be in the business server.... that may create some privacy issues, rite?

fsiegel is offline Zimbra Employee

If you just want email sync with Outlook, and not calendar and contacts, you could use IMAP , and not even use ZCO at all.

Dirk is offline Moderator

I'd disagree, there should be no expectation of privacy at work. If you dont want personal appointments to be securely backed up by the corporate email server then dont put personal data on the corporate supplied computer. Seems simple to me.

Or just let people know that their data is backed up and leave the choice to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirk View Post
    I'd disagree, there should be no expectation of privacy at work. If you dont want personal appointments to be securely backed up by the corporate email server then dont put personal data on the corporate supplied computer. Seems simple to me.

Or just let people know that their data is backed up and leave the choice to them.
    Our company don't give us any "corporate" supplied computer. We used our own...

is there any news about this? anyone knows?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information