Default Undeliverable: Not read:

Customer getting lots of:

[13:03:19] From: System Administrator
    Sent: Monday, March 22, 2010 4:58 PM
    Subject: Undeliverable: Not read: Press clipping, 12.03.2010, XXXXXX 14h
    Error: This message could not be sent.
    Subject: Not read: Press clipping, 12.03.2010, MTV Adria 14h
    To: XXXXX@XXXXX.XXX

Note: Error processing the message. Please recreate and resend the message.

I suppose it has something to do with Read Reciept.
    However, it is turned off in Outlook, and on server side.

Whatever combination we tried, those messages appear in Outlook (not on ZWC side)

Zimbra 6.0.4 NE, with patched connector, Outlook 2007.

fsiegel is offline Zimbra Employee

Please enable ZCO logging and post the logs. Try to keep the logs as small as possible by reproducing the problem in the smallest possible time window. Also, it would be informative to look at the mailbox.log for the same time as when you see the problem in Outlook.

fselendic is offline Loyal Member

OK, few more things.

It happens only when you delete message that asks for RR. If you just read it, no harm done.

Also, if you put "Always send" or "Newer send" in Outlook RR settings, then it is reproducible, however, if you set "Ask me" and then choose "No", it doesn't try to send it, and doesn't receive "Unable to deliver".

Log attached. Can't find anything relevant on server.
    Attached Files Attached Files

fsiegel is offline Zimbra Employee

Still trying to repro, and can't. Can you give me an exact list of steps? Who is sending to whom, who is setting which option, etc.

Thanks

chikhare is offline Starter Member

Default Problem with read notifications

Hi guys,

My company has just shipped the Zimbra software and I have the same problem as fselendic.

I use Outlook with ZCO to communicate with Zimbra server. If I send an email with an ask for a read notification, then I receive the read notification sent from the user to who i sent the email.

But if an user sends me an mail and I send an read notification (after Outlook asks me) then I have got the same error message than fselendic.

Just for info, I use ZCO but I set up some rules to move my emails from My Zimbra Inbox to an outlook local file. Then after sync, there are no mail in my Zimbra Inbox on the server. I did that because I can not leave any emails on the server for security reasons. I reproduce a POP behavior but keep the advantages of ZCO sync capabilities for the other outlook items.

Do you have any ideas on this issue?

Thanks.

GWilliams is offline Senior Member

Default Undeliverable: Not Read

Hi All,

I would like to advise that we too are experiencing many "Undeliverable: Not Read" or "Undeliverable: Read" notifications. I am unable to advise how or when we receive these messages, as they are fairly random, but I did receive one this morning and one of my clients that use the same multi-server environment as I do advised that they received over 100 "Undeliverable: Not Read" messages this morning... It seems that users that download mail to their phones are more affected than users that don't (if that helps at all).

Any further advice to resolve this would be much appreciated.

Thank you.

Pluckjarouken is offline Starter Member

Hi

Also having the same issue, just installed a new profile for a user whos PC died, they were using an older connector originally so I installed ZimbraOlkConnector-6.0.5_GA_2213_6.0.5846.5.msi. When outlook downloaded the inbox lots of these undeliverables were appearing. They are all very old messages, the company who manages my Zimbra server believes it to be a read receipt isue on the server, he has enabled it and we are just waiting to see what happens now

GWilliams is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Pluckjarouken View Post
    Hi

Also having the same issue, just installed a new profile for a user whos PC died, they were using an older connector originally so I installed ZimbraOlkConnector-6.0.5_GA_2213_6.0.5846.5.msi. When outlook downloaded the inbox lots of these undeliverables were appearing. They are all very old messages, the company who manages my Zimbra server believes it to be a read receipt isue on the server, he has enabled it and we are just waiting to see what happens now
    There is a bug reported at Bug 44635 – Undeliverable error in Outlook after reading a message with a read receipt request from a different client as well... Please vote for it...
    Thanks.
    Grant

Thread Information