Thread: Outlook Connector quick questions, remember pass and RSS folders

batfastad is offline Elite Member

Question Outlook Connector quick questions, remember pass and RSS folders

Hi everyone

We're a small business of 11 users and I've migrated my mailbox from Exchange SBS 2003 to Zimbra using the Exchange Migration Wizard, which worked brilliantly. We're set up as a split domain at the moment.

I've been using the Ajax UI intensively over the past week and I love it. However the thought of training a couple of our users to use something new and different is pretty frightening so I was planning on having them use the Outlook Connector

Got some quick questions:
    1) Is there a way to set it so that the user has to enter their password whenever they open Outlook?
    When I'm in the ZCO settings I have to enter the password there and I can't set it to blank.

2) The RSS feed folders. It's a bit of a shame that they just appear as regular folders in Outlook, I know there's nothing that Zimbra can really do about that.
    But is there any way to at least make them read-only through Outlook so that new items can't be dropped into them? That's the behaviour of the Ajax UI.

Cheers, B

Amitabh Verma is offline Zimbra Employee

You will have to edit the Windows registry to enable this behvior. If you set the HKLM\SOFTWARE\Zimbra\StorePassword entry to 0, ZCO will pop-up the authentication dialog box to provide username and password each time.

batfastad is offline Elite Member

Ok that's excellent. Just what I was looking for. The problem we have is that some users have their systems remembering passwords, which is fine. Until they try to login to the webmail from out of the office and can't remember their password because it's always remembered for them!

Is there anything that can be done with the RSS folders?

Amitabh Verma is offline Zimbra Employee

RSS folder is just another Outlook MAPI folder. ZCO developers may try to stop moving items in it from other folders. You may raise a bug for it though I don't know if its really important. It can be a nice to have option.
    Last edited by Amitabh Verma; 03-11-2010 at 07:21 AM.

fsiegel is offline Zimbra Employee

We don't sync RSS folders. There is an RFE out ton that (13940)

Thread Information