Thread: MAPI32.dll error with Connector and Outlook 2007

kerryjcox is offline Member

Default MAPI32.dll error with Connector and Outlook 2007

Just migrated the company to ZCS 6.0.4 and moved everyone off of Novell Groupwise 7. Some users have Outlook 2007 and have installed the latest Zimbra ZCS Connector. However, now we are getting the error MAPI32.dll if corrupted.
    Have run the re-installation of Office 2007, have removed and re-installed entirely, have tried to rename C:\Windows\System32\MAPI32.dll but access is denied on Windows 7 boxes; all to no avail.
    Any suggestions are appreciated. Would like to get users eventually migrated to the Desktop, then to Outlook 2007. Currently everyone is using the web interface.
    FYI, we have the Enterprise version of 6.0.4 with Mobility and so on.
    Happy to provide further information.

phoenix is online now Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

Yep, already checked that thread. No luck. That is why I posted to the forum.

Okay, I have tested my Outlook with numerous configurations. I am able to recover from the corrupted or broken MPAI32.dll issue by removing the broken Zimbra profile. To me this says that the ZCS Connector is to blame. I am able to set up an IMAP/SMTP connection, but anything that deals with ZCS corrupts the .dll.
    Just wondering if there is an earlier version of the ZCS Connector for Outlook that users have reported works? I am using the following:
    ZimbraOlkConnector-6.0.4_GA_2040_6.0.5817.4
    Also, I have found that the ZCS Connector has no issues on a vanilla XP or Windows 7 box. However, those systems that have the Novell Groupwise client installed fail to successfully connect to Zimbra.
    My guess is that the Groupwise client replaces a critical .dll file needed for mail. Anyone familiar with this? All the more reason to move my users off of Groupwise.
    Thanks.
    Last edited by kerryjcox; 02-09-2010 at 01:28 PM.

fsiegel is offline Zimbra Employee

See this thread:

[SOLVED] Outlook 2007 Crashes After Installing the Connector

The comment on 4/2/09 at 9:15 states:

================
    It turns out that the solution was something simple. When you install Groupwise, Windows NT Messaging is also installed. After uninstalling this and then reinstalling the connector, everything works fine.

It was not necessary to replace mapi32.dll, reinstall Office, or do any registry hacking on the XP machines we were able to fix. However, in Vista, you have to do an Office repair or uninstall and then reinstall Outlook after uninstalling Windows NT Messaging. Also, on one of the Vista machines, we had to run FixMapi before we could successfully uninstall and reinstall the connector.
    ================

Hope this helps.

Excellent! That fixed the problem. I uninstalled Windows NT Messaging, removed Outlook, rebooted and re-installed Outlook, then the ZCS Outlook Connector. everything is working perfectly now.
    Much appreciated!

tdb
    tdb is offline New Member

Default problem fixed

removing the Windows NT messaging fixed the problem for me. Thanks guys !

Thread Information