Page 2 of 61 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: Outlook sync client

JoshuaPrismon is offline Zimlet Guru & Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by talha View Post
    hello everyone!

has anybody worked on Funambol DS Server? More specifically, has anybody tried to add a module in Funambol DS Server?
    I'm having some problems configuring it....
    I don't believe anyone here has done it yet.

cvidal is offline Project Contributor

hello everyone!

has anybody worked on Funambol DS Server? More specifically, has anybody tried to add a module in Funambol DS Server?
    I'm having some problems configuring it....
    I did, I've been fooling around a bit with Funambol + Lotus + Zimbra

Carlos

talha is offline Starter Member

Default funambol

cvidal,

i sorted out the configuration of funambol and addition of new modules. have you worked with SyncSource for synchornization of mobile devices through funambol?

ojehle is offline Intermediate Member

cvidal,

i sorted out the configuration of funambol and addition of new modules. have you worked with SyncSource for synchornization of mobile devices through funambol?

i tried to convert the existing source to the new classes of funambol v6.0. But i didn't find time to continue the work.

I think, before doing any debugging stuff, it should compile with funambol v6.0, then the configuration stuff can happen .

jerelabs is offline Active Member

Question Any progress

Is anyone out there actively working on this? Could we get a status update?

doud is offline Junior Member

Default Update

Hello

You will find an update here !
    Zimbra 4.5.6 Open Source Synchronization - It works now !

Thanks

Edouard

Costa-101 is offline Project Contributor

Exclamation Request To Moderator

Hi Moderator,

Can you please close or amend this i thread as it also falls under the thread referenced here .

Appreciate this and am sure others will - in the fact that false hopes will keep them up all night.

I am still trying to get this working myself - and I will share my info as soon as I know anything further or have any progress.

All the best Zimbra and congrats - look forward to the future.

Costa
    ------------------------------
    http://www.lcrm.co.uk

mmorse is offline Moderator

sry costa, there really isn't a 'fall under' scheme to the threads-lol
    Instead of closing both - I'm going to leave this particular thread open for now, as it can still be used in the spirit of collaboration.

Those posting should be advised of the below thread:
    -Where it is believed doud has gotten it working, however there has been no released how-to/documentation at this time.
    -The following thread was also locked a while ago by jholder due to a high level of tension & the start of bickering...
    /forums/installation/10484-zimbra-4-5-6-open-source-synchronization-works-now.html

There's also another thread that costa opened /forums/developers/10501-open-source-mobile-synchronisation.html
    Last edited by mmorse; 10-02-2007 at 12:32 PM. Reason: most will think i'm talking out of the blue-but costa deleted his thread

hillman is offline Moderator

I've been working on the Zimbra connector for Funambol.

Perhaps "working on" is the wrong term - more like "hacking away at". I'm not a software developer, which is what this project *really* needs.

I'll summarize where I've gotten to so far:

First, I tried to port to the Funambol v3/v6 API. This proved to be considerably more involved than I had hoped. There was virtually no documentation that I could find on writing modules for the newer API - everything was aimed at the old Sync4j 2.3 API. The API changed substantially in v3 - first being renamed from sync4j to com.funambol (so all classes changed), second with some methods being removed entirely, and finally with the addition of substantially more methods that had to be implemented in the connector. Unless you have a very solid understanding of both how the connector works internally, and how Funambol works, it would be impossible to port all of the methods. And of course nothing is documented.

So I decided to go the opposite route - put up a 2.3 server and get the connector working with that. At first this went smoothly - the connector immediately showed up in the sync4j admin interface and allowed me to configure it, but I kept getting authentication errors. After much hair pulling, I figured out that in Zimbra 5.x, having the "<nonotify>" flag in your SOAP AuthRequest caused Zimbra to not issue a session.

Once that was fixed, I was able to sync my contacts right away. Now I'm working on the calendar. It's not going so well. I will keep hacking at it until I can sync my own calendar (it's fairly complex as it contains at least a year's worth of data imported from Google, including some fairly elaborate recurring meetings with exceptions, which is what the connector is currently choking on).

I will release a tarball as soon as I get it working (I could put one out now if anyone else wants to hack at it, but *it does not currently work*)

I see three major undertakings to take this connector from Alpha to production-ready:

1. Fix the bugs in the current connector. There are lots. There are rampant spelling errors as well. Some I've caught, others I'm sure I've missed. That means it may fail to recognize XML elements in the SOAP calls to Zimbra as it stands now.

2. Implement missing functionality in the 2.3 API - e.g support for certain meeting types, etc.

3. Port to Funambol v6. This will be the biggest task, requiring a thorough understanding of both projects

Costa-101 is offline Project Contributor

Thumbs up Well Done

Well done Hillman - sound like you have been busy.

Might it help if you attache your work so far anyway so that others can possibly look and advise on where you are having trouble.

Of course keep working to your own schedule but you never know who might read your post !!

I think this is way out of my league, I am currently compiling Gentoo and am going to dedicate some time to trying to write a wiki on how to setup Zimbra on Gentoo if I can.

But I also have a vmware application of Zimbra on my laptop - that goes everywhere with me - which I hack away at now and again.

I am currently setting up Hyperic as a monitoring tool and eagerly anticipating the Evolution 2.10 source code release.

Best of luck in your work

Costa
    ------------------------------
    http://www.lcrm.co.uk

Page 2 of 61 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread Information