Page 12 of 61 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Outlook sync client

wolfroma is offline Project Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by DenRaf View Post
    I followed that installation, and in my admin tool, everything looks the same.

There is just one call to the zimbra plugin and then it stops. When grepping on zimbra in the logs:

[2008-03-06 19:32:29,572] [funambol.zimbra] [DEBUG] [F80276CE1312D47AE8B9608772BB8AE0] [IMEI:352764012949496] [denraf@inuits.be] [] Source URI: card
    [2008-03-06 19:32:29,584] [funambol.zimbra] [DEBUG] [F80276CE1312D47AE8B9608772BB8AE0] [IMEI:352764012949496] [denraf@inuits.be] [] Source URI: cal

I also tried to build from source, but get 151 errors. Hope to be more helpfull soon, when I've more time to do more debugging.
    After this two lines follow next line:
    Code:
    [2008-03-04 13:13:51,170] [funambol.handler] [TRACE] [3D8030427F0C24B76D35F7B7DAAF9F08] [IMEI:352764012949496] [denraf@inuits.be] [] Checking if MaxMsgSize is larger than the minimum size supported by the server (1800)
    When I will have time I try to search in the funambol guides about it. May be, because from this... Are you try standart syncsources?

clahti is offline Junior Member

Default Blackberry and WM Success

Quote Originally Posted by Costa-101 View Post
    I can confirm some trouble with recurring events not being deleted from my Nokia E61 when deleted from the Zimbra calendar.
    Hello all:

First I must say that this Funambol connector has surfaced just in the nick of time, this is fantastic. Here is our setup:

Zimbra 6.5 (latest)
    Funambol 6.5 (latest)
    Funambol Zimbra Connector 0.4
    Funambol 6.5 connector for Windows Mobile
    MailTrust Funambol connector for Blackberry

So...we are using this to sync calendar and contacts for both blackberry and windows mobile devices. So far we have tested on Windows Mobile 6 (AT&T Tilt) and Blackberry Curve (AT&T normal data plan...*not* the expensive one you need if you are going to use BB Enterprise Server). Here is what we have found so far:

Windows Mobile
    • Contacts - works apparently without issue
    • Calendar - does not sync recurring events, everything else seems to be ok

Blackberry
    the MailTrust BB plugin is soooo much better than the Funambol released version, I think they are keeping this quiet but you can get it here:
    http://sync.emailsrvr.com:8080/client/
    • Contacts - works apparently without issue
    • Calendar - works apparently without issue
    • Caveats - Mailtrust hard coded a minimum sync time of 2 hours for the BB, we want this to be 15 minutes. We have downloaded their source and will try to compile this change, but you need to jump throug

What do you guys need to troubleshoot the recurring events problem? Also push email is way on the top of our list as the next addition for two reasons:
    • Blackberry - you won't have to mess with BB Internet Gateway (yay)
    • WM and BB - you will setup everything in one place, no need to define IMAP separately. We did try to setup IMAP thru funambol, but this errored with "no authentication sources". We plan to use the paid for Professional version of Zimbra so we can get the excellent Outlook connector, funambol currently doesn't even come close (currently) by comparison.

How can we help with the development efforts?

Thanks again!

/Christian

I'm check instruction with build from source code and I have no error. I'm check in the windows without all. I'm only add ant and java in the PATH variable in the windows and set JAVA_HOME to jdk. I'm use jdk 1.5

K800i is offline New Member

Quote Originally Posted by wolfroma View Post
    Thanks, I'm try to fix it and commit to svn, but I don't create new file release before it wasn't tested. Please test on you phone, for this follow this atricle. If anybody can test new version on own phone - please .
    Also I did write short guide for configure dev enviroment.
    Welforma, Thanx for the fast fix.

I have now tested the connector more in detail.

If i remove all my posts in my K800i calendar and then sync with the zimbra the sync works fine. Here is the log: Attachment 1656
    Later i add a post in my phone calendar and sync, which also works. the log: Attachment 1657
    But if i add one post in zimbra and then try to sync my phone then it will not work. the log: Attachment 1658

The only time the sync works is when my phone calendar is empty.

I hope this info will help your work. By the way thank you for the guide on how to setup the development environment. Is the CVSROOT: "server:anonymous@cvs.forge.objectweb.org:/cvsroot/sync4j"?
    and the cvs module: "funambol"?
    If so which branch or tag should i use?

Regards
    /K800i
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by K800i View Post
    Welforma, Thanx for the fast fix.

I have now tested the connector more in detail.

If i remove all my posts in my K800i calendar and then sync with the zimbra the sync works fine. Here is the log: Attachment 1656
    Later i add a post in my phone calendar and sync, which also works. the log: Attachment 1657
    But if i add one post in zimbra and then try to sync my phone then it will not work. the log: Attachment 1658

The only time the sync works is when my phone calendar is empty.

I hope this info will help your work. By the way thank you for the guide on how to setup the development environment. Is the CVSROOT: "server:anonymous@cvs.forge.objectweb.org:/cvsroot/sync4j"?
    and the cvs module: "funambol"?
    If so which branch or tag should i use?

Regards
    /K800i
    Detail guide for build funambol v 6_5 you will have find at the article.
    In the short:
    Code:
    cvs -d:pserver:anonymous@cvs.forge.objectweb.org:/cvsroot/sync4j login
    cvs -z3 -d:pserver:anonymous@cvs.forge.objectweb.org:/cvsroot/sync4j co -r b_v65 v65
    . Now it point to funambol v6.5.14 When I compile source of funambol I'm have some troubleshot with module dependencies.

It looks like bug from DenRaf. Check http logs, may be tomcat print stacktrace. I try to more debug as soon as possible.

to clahti: Can you test connector, compiled from svn source code (As say K800i, bug seem fixed)?

K800i is offline New Member

Quote Originally Posted by wolfroma View Post
    Detail guide for build funambol v 6_5 you will have find at the article.
    In the short:
    Code:
    cvs -d:pserver:anonymous@cvs.forge.objectweb.org:/cvsroot/sync4j login
    cvs -z3 -d:pserver:anonymous@cvs.forge.objectweb.org:/cvsroot/sync4j co -r b_v65 v65
    . Now it point to funambol v6.5.14 When I compile source of funambol I'm have some troubleshot with module dependencies.

It looks like bug from DenRaf. Check http logs, may be tomcat print stacktrace. I try to more debug as soon as possible.

to clahti: Can you test connector, compiled from svn source code (As say K800i, bug seem fixed)?
    The time on the zimbra server was wrong. That was the problem.
    I'm going to install zimbra on a test-server to have more control. I'll get back to you with the results.
    Thanx for the info i got my dev-env up and i have started to analyze the code

iskondi is offline Intermediate Member

Default I'm working with clahti...

Hey there wolfroma,

First off, thank you so much for what looks to be an amazing plugin!

I work with clahti and we recompiled from the svn repository this morning and then did some extensive testing and came up with the following:

1. Series are now correctly syncing both directions. If I create one on the BB or Zimbra Web interface they show up in the opposite place. (Thanks!)

2. Any delete from the Zimbra web interface does NOT delete info from Mobile device. (I'm testing on a Blackberry Curve) It appears that it doesn't correctly register the delete with Funambol. It says that there are no items added, updated or deleted even though there are.

3. Any delete of an individual instance of a series fails. Either from the BB or from the Zimbra Web interface. (I can delete the entire series but if I delete a single entry it fails)

Bellow is the matrix I used to run through the tests and attached are four log files showing some java exceptions from the logs. Hope all this is helpful

WebSingle web to bb (create) WORKS
    WebSingle web to bb (delete) FAILED
    WebSingle bb to web (delete) WORKS

WebSeries web to BB (create daily no end) WORKS
    WebSeries web to BB (delete single) FAILED (No Java error)
    WebSeries web to BB (delete series) FAILED (No Java error)
    WebSeries bb to web (delete single) FAILED (Java error, file1)
    WebSeries bb to web (delete series) WORKS

BBSingle bb to web (create) WORKS
    BBSingle bb to web (delete) WORKS
    BBSingle web to bb (delete) FAILED (Log shows no items added, updated or deleted)

BBSeries bb to web (create daily no end) WORKS
    BBSeries bb to web (delete single) FAILED (Java error file2)
    BBSeries web to BB (delete single) FAILED (Java error file3)
    BBSeries web to BB (delete series) FAILED (Java error file4)
    BBSeries bb to web (delete series) WORKS

Thanks in advance!

Iskondi
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by iskondi View Post
    Hey there wolfroma,

First off, thank you so much for what looks to be an amazing plugin!

I work with clahti and we recompiled from the svn repository this morning and then did some extensive testing and came up with the following:

1. Series are now correctly syncing both directions. If I create one on the BB or Zimbra Web interface they show up in the opposite place. (Thanks!)

2. Any delete from the Zimbra web interface does NOT delete info from Mobile device. (I'm testing on a Blackberry Curve) It appears that it doesn't correctly register the delete with Funambol. It says that there are no items added, updated or deleted even though there are.

3. Any delete of an individual instance of a series fails. Either from the BB or from the Zimbra Web interface. (I can delete the entire series but if I delete a single entry it fails)

Bellow is the matrix I used to run through the tests and attached are four log files showing some java exceptions from the logs. Hope all this is helpful

WebSingle web to bb (create) WORKS
    WebSingle web to bb (delete) FAILED
    WebSingle bb to web (delete) WORKS

WebSeries web to BB (create daily no end) WORKS
    WebSeries web to BB (delete single) FAILED (No Java error)
    WebSeries web to BB (delete series) FAILED (No Java error)
    WebSeries bb to web (delete single) FAILED (Java error, file1)
    WebSeries bb to web (delete series) WORKS

BBSingle bb to web (create) WORKS
    BBSingle bb to web (delete) WORKS
    BBSingle web to bb (delete) FAILED (Log shows no items added, updated or deleted)

BBSeries bb to web (create daily no end) WORKS
    BBSeries bb to web (delete single) FAILED (Java error file2)
    BBSeries web to BB (delete single) FAILED (Java error file3)
    BBSeries web to BB (delete series) FAILED (Java error file4)
    BBSeries bb to web (delete series) WORKS

Thanks in advance!

Iskondi
    Thank you very much. It's great job, I try to fix this bugs.

iskondi is offline Intermediate Member

Default Least I could do!

Hey Wolfroma,

Happy to help out! You're the one doing the heavy lifting here with all the coding, I'm just helping sort out the details and happy to do it.

Let me know when we should give it another go and I'll run through all the same tests and letcha know the results.

Thanks!

Iskondi

Smile

Iskondi, I'm update sources in the svn, error that in the attachments have to fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by iskondi View Post
    Now It feature doesnt work... in short future it wiil be, may be also on this week or first half of next.

Page 12 of 61 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread Information