Thread: Outlook sharing broken on 6.0.2 test server

Rich Graves is offline Outstanding Member

Default Outlook sharing broken on 6.0.2 test server

1. Synced a bunch of ZCO 5.0.1x clients to (a fork of) production 5.0.19 server.
    2. Upgraded server from 5.0.19 to 6.0.2.
    3. Upgraded clients to ZCO 6.0.2.
    4. Turned on View -> Toolbars -> Zimbra Connector

Results:

Share detection fails. Clicking on Share Status gives popup "No sharing links have been detected"

Cannot share to or from non-resource accounts. I can share to resource accounts.

Mailbox selection error

This user does not have a Zimbra mailbox. You cannot open the mailbox of a user that does not have a Zimbra mailbox. Please check if this user belongs to a foreign GAL.
    Originally attempted with the default GAL strategy as migrated from 5.0.x, i.e., no GAL sync account. Adding a GAL sync account did not improve things.

fsiegel is offline Zimbra Employee

How did you originally share these folders? Right now, the Zimbra Connector tab will only pick it up if you shared and accepted with the web client, since that's how a "link" is created. ZCO never creates links. That's why we have bug (enhancement) 36481 -- so ZCO will act like the web client, with accept/decline sharing messages, links, etc.

Adding a GAL sync account did not improve things.
    ...but adding a GAL sync account, zmmailboxdctl restart, and reloading GAL in Outlook clients did make a difference. I can now create new shares via Properties -> Sharing. But I still can not see things shared to me via the "Share Status" toolbar.

The "Share Status" toolbar worked for me once against a test server upgraded from 5.0.19 to 6.0.1 and then to 6.0.2. Don't see what the difference is.

Zimbra Connector tab will only pick it up if you shared and accepted with the web client
    Oh, I thought it browsed for grants. Must've been looking at another account or share on that other test server.

I guess this is solved because issue #1 is behaving as expected, and issue #2 is resolved by creating a GAL sync account (which I know I need for other reasons).

If I delete the mountpoint through ZWC, resend the share notification using ZWC 6.0.2, and accept the share, then the "Share Status" toolbar blinks at me and prompts to add it in Outlook.

But I recall seeing a "Share Status" for even very old links on my other test server.

Hmm, would running zmsetservername under 5.0.19 (after clone from production, but before upgrade to 6.0.2) break the links? In my previous test, I think I only ran zmsetservername after the 6.0.1 upgrade.

fsiegel is offline Zimbra Employee

The link stuff is only in version 6 ZCO. I don't know what zmsetservername would do, but the share status would only be for version 6. I assume you're not running a version 6 ZCO against a version 5 server, as that configuration is not supported.

OK, I think I found the real difference.

If I sync ZCO 5.0.19 to server 5.0.19, then upgrade both server and ZCO to 6.0.2 at time t, then ZCO only offers links created later than time t.

If I wait until after the server has been updated to 6.0.2, and then create a fresh ZCO 6.0.2 profile, then that installation sees all links, not just new ones.
    Last edited by Rich Graves; 11-09-2009 at 02:48 PM.

I've added Bug 42595 – ZCO upgraded from 5.x to 6.x does not see links

Minor because in the real world, if they really wanted a share mounted, they would have mounted it under 5.x.

rgv151 is offline Junior Member

I second to this.

I share resources for all_users group, and some members of this group have links, some are missing and some do not have links

Thread Information