Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Missing Tools>Zimbra Rules and Alerts

DresdenFTW is offline Junior Member

Default Missing Tools>Zimbra Rules and Alerts

Hello all. I am missing Zimbra Server Rules in the Tools menu in Outlook 2007. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the most recent connector. Add-ins look fine and there are no disabled items. The users Outlook appears to have everything set that mine has, but that menu item is missing. He does have the "Mailbox Quota" item on the tools menu.

I've ran logs for mine and his, just opening outlook and then closing. I've found that the lines below appear in my log but not his:

14-10-2009 14:16:57.511 [3768]: CRulesAndAlertsMenuItem::CRulesAndAlertsMenuItem
    14-10-2009 14:16:57.511 [3768]: In CBaseOutlookControl::Initialize
    14-10-2009 14:16:57.511 [3768]: In CRulesAndAlertsMenuItem::OnInitialize

Where can I re-enable this for him? I'd like to avoid recreating the profile if possible, but if we have to do that then we can.

Thanks for any help, it's greatly appreciated.

- Adam

JimBobCook is offline Senior Member

Try looking at this one mate.

Outlook 2007 & Windows 7 Problem

I found the easiest way around it is to install the 5.18 connector then install the 6.0 over the top it seems to work super after that.
    Heavy Metal Ftw

Thanks for the response. I'll be trying this sometime today and I'll post the results.

Ok, I installed the 5.18 connector and now the Zimbra Out of Office and Mailbox Quota are there, still no Rules and Alerts. The Zimbra Out of Office was *not* there before upgrading to 5.18.

None of these options are in the "customize toolbar" dialogue box for me to add them back, but I can remove the zimbra items from the tools menu using that. Another strange thing is that if I do remove "Zimbra Server Rules" from my tools menu, restarting Outlook brings it back.

The fact that uninstalling/reinstalling doesn't work, and upgrading doesn't work, is telling me this is part of his profile telling that option not to show on the menu. Is there any way to edit the profile manually to find this option and turn it back on?

**wow...just read my post before submitting and boy do I need some coffee. Spelling was pretty rough

fsiegel is offline Zimbra Employee

Probably bug 40876, fixed in 6.0.2. Out of office assistant was a new feature added in 5.0.18.

To fix temporarily, try the regsvr32 commands listed in bug 40876

I ran the commands exactly as listed below and I still only have "Out of Office" and "Mailbox Quota".

regsvr32 /u /s LSMSSP32.dll
    regsvr32 /u /s SharingAddin.dll
    regsvr32 /u /s ShutdownAddin.dll
    regsvr32 /s LSMSSP32.dll
    regsvr32 /s SharingAddin.dll
    regsvr32 /s ShutdownAddin.dll

Is it possible for a user to manually remove this menu item and have it not come back? I hate to recreate an entire profile for this one issue.

The root issue here is that his Outlook rules he set up do not run on new items as they are coming in to the mailbox. I could swear I heard somewhere that that was fixed, but I'm not sure.

Thanks for the help,

- Adam

Something is not adding up here. Here is the list of commands we add via the addin:

File->Open Other User's Mailbox
    View->Errors to Inbox
    Tools->Send/Receive->Global Address List->Update Global Address List
    Tools->Zimbra Server Rules
    Tools->Out of Office Assistant
    Tools->Mailbox Quota
    Help->About Zimbra Connector for Outlook

All of these excect View->Errors to Inbox should have a Zimbra logo next to the menu item. Either they should all show up or none of them.

So how many of these do you have?

If it's not all or nothing, please send a ZCO log file.

BTW, I haven't a way to customize/remove these addin commands via the customize command.

Could I paste it in to an email for you fsiegel? I'm unable to upload the file directly here to the forum.

email is fine

We look for Tools->Organize, so we can put Tools->Zimbra Server Rules after it. If for some reason you customized your Outlook menu, then we won't find it, and we won't put our menu item in.

If thatís true, what if you do a Tools->Customize, then choose Tools, then Rearrange Commands, then Reset. Then leave Outlook and come back. Does that work?

[I assume you would want to save you customizations somehow first]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information