Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Information about meetings not visible

widow is offline Member

Default Information about meetings not visible

I have an user that's been complaining about the following. When he organizes a meeting in Outlook, he goes to Calendar -> New -> Invite Attendees -> fill in a name -> right-mouse click on the name, and then Schedule a Meeting.

That way you can see if the person you're inviting has scheduled a meeting, so you can organize the meeting when the person is available. Even when they didn't share their calendar with you. But when this users adds anyone from the GAL to a meeting, and tries to see whether they are available or not, he gets this:

As you can see, I've added a couple of people to this meeting and tried to see whether they are available or not. If I do this on my own computer I simply get to see whether they are busy or not, but this user does not get any information at all.

We've had this problem with the previous version of Zimbra, iirc 5.16 or something like that. About 2 weeks ago we migrated our server to Zimbra v6.0.1, and yesterday I updated his Outlook Connector to the same version. The problem was not solved with these updates so I tried to remove Zimbra connector/Outlook and removed his mail profile. Then I reinstalled Office, the Zimbra connector, configured everything, but still when I add people to a meeting I cannot see whether they are available or not.

I can't find anything related to this on the mail server, how can I solve this?

fsiegel is offline Zimbra Employee

What do you see in the Search Location in Outlook if you do Tools->Options then hit the Calendar Options... button followed by Free/Busy Options... button

widow is offline Member

This is what I get at his computer. When I look at the settings on my own computer, it's configured the same.

I can't see the whole string, but the first part looks right. It's possible the auth token could be off -- you could compare it to the one that appears in the zco logs. But we may have some bugs in this area -- I've seen instances of free busy not working. Will investigate.

hspcd is offline Loyal Member

We're having the same problem on NE 5.0.19. The Outlook client reports "General Failure" when trying to view Free/Busy information. Just doesn't work.

rprince-schedule_error.jpg

widow is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by fsiegel View Post
    I can't see the whole string, but the first part looks right. It's possible the auth token could be off -- you could compare it to the one that appears in the zco logs. But we may have some bugs in this area -- I've seen instances of free busy not working. Will investigate.
    Is there any way to check if the string is right? The user keeps bugging me about this all the time

The string will undoubtedly be correct. To really tell, you could enable ZCO logging with HTTP logging on, and you could look at the string in the authtoken request. It should match the one in the freebusy url. But I'm sure it will be right.

Perhaps it's an SSL problem? Maybe you need to assign an SSL cert on the server?

We are looking into this, though, because this has always worked. There are also some bugs that may be related -- 41354 and 41355.

We're using self-signed certs. Could that be the problem? AFAIK, this does not work for any of our ZCO users.

If we went with commercial certs, is it possible on NE 5.0.19 to use one cert per domain so that users for domainTen.com don't see a cert for domainOne.com?

Thanks,
    Clay

What do you have for the SMTP value in your registry for:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Office\12.0\ Outlook\SchedulingInformation\FreeBusySupport

There was a machine here that previously had the Microsoft Outlook Connector installed, and that GUID for that connector's freebusy service was in the SMTP value.

The value should be the same as the LSMS value -- to fix it, I used:

{0006F049-0000-0000-C000-000000000046} for the SMTP value.

Ours contain the same value for SMTP and LSMS. This is a big issue for us since no Outlook users that I know of can see Free/Busy information.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information