Thread: Rundll problem

appie1985 is offline Junior Member

Unhappy Rundll problem

After installing ZCO, I can't add a zimbra entry in the "file->data file management account settings" but Outlook crashes.

I've solved it by adding it by "Tools->Email Accounts->Add a new email account". But everytime I start Outlook, I get a profile warning with this link: ZCOAsDefaultStore - Zimbra :: Wiki

I tried to add an entry by "control panel->e-mail->data file management account" but i get the following a rundll error: An exception occurred while trying to run "C:\Windows\system32\shell32.dll,Control_RunDLL"C: \PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\System\MSMAPI\1033\MLCFG32.CPL" ,@0"

Can someone help with this problem. Thanks!

fsiegel is offline Zimbra Employee

Sounds like Outlook is not your default mailstore. But why don't you try configuring a Zimbra profile via the Control Panel Mail applet instead of inside Outlook?

I did try it via the control panel, but I got an rundll error with the message:
    An exception occurred while trying to run "C:\Windows\system32\shell32.dll,Control_RunDL L"C: \PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\System\MSMAPI\1033\MLCFG32.CPL" ,@0"

Then there should be a dump file in %TEMP%\zco-cores. Send it if it's there. Or try the other way -- any way you can get a crash.

Quote Originally Posted by fsiegel View Post
    Then there should be a dump file in %TEMP%\zco-cores. Send it if it's there. Or try the other way -- any way you can get a crash.
    See attachment.
    Attached Files Attached Files

There are 2 different types of crashes here, but 4 of the 5 of them it crashes in the MAPI DLLs itself. I suspect you have a damaged MAPI installation. Perhaps your Outlook install is bad? Did you ever have any trouble with it? You could try uninstalling and reinstalling Outlook. Before trying that, you could try running the FIXMAPI utility. But something in your installation is not right.

I tried a lot of thing what people suggested in this forum, but I can only add it by "Tools->Email Accounts->Add a new email account". But everytime I start Outlook, I get a profile warning with this link: ZCOAsDefaultStore - Zimbra :: Wiki

I would like to make a suggestion, could you add a "don't show this message" so users don't get the warning message all the time? Because the way i add it works great, but the warning message is annoying if i start outlook.

Thanks!

Thread Information