Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ZCO sync issue

btsang is offline Active Member

Unhappy ZCO sync issue

Since mid-last week, I have issue with my Outlook whee ZCO (5.0.18) seems cannot do a full resync and got some strange result. Noted that this issue happen on both my laptop and workstation, so it may be server issue rather than ZCO issue.

While the first notable sign is that the web gui become very slow (sometimes even timeout with server slow message) when Outlook is running. Shutdown Outlook and web gui was back to normal. From that point on, ZCO report sync failed with a number of calender create failed warning, and web gui continue to be slow whenever Outlook was running.

As it no long sync at all, I have blow away *.zdb and it's still the same right away (aka no sync but can pick up new message, web gui slow when Outlook runs). Then, I have uninstall ZCO, remove profile complete and reinstall. It can sync for around half an hour and get into the same issue again.

As it got some warning about Calendar, I then try to access calendar directly and the url link will result in 403 error (normal, it will prompt for calendar download). I've also noted that whenever the web gui pop up with an reminder, it will white out (using firefox) for a few minutes. So, seems like it's very slow.

I've check with others and seems like I am the only one having this problem. I've tried to migrate my account to another Zimbra mail store and problem follows. I am running out of idea here. Anyone else experience the same? or aware of any fix? Or, is there any way I can found out what happen?

fsiegel is offline Zimbra Employee

Outlook 2003 or 2007? Latest service packs? You should probably set logging on (not verbose) and send a ZCO log. Maybe break it up into smaller files (Zcologctrl.exe lets you do that) and send some of the later ones if it's too big.

Here are some local failure notice filling up my inbox. I am using Outlook 2007 SP2 with all the latest patches. Okay, I will try to enable logging and send in the log file ...Bosco

-----Original Message-----
    Sent: None
    To: Bosco Tsang
    Subject: Local Failure Notice
    Importance: High

Local Failures were detected. No action is required.
    This e-mail was generated for technical support purposes.

Sync Type: Initial Sync

Sync Token (before request): 513922

Sync Token (most current): 513922

Store: Zimbra - Bosco Tsang

Computer Name: SONATA

Version: 5.0.3064.18

Error IDs:
    id (104487) type(appointment)

Here are the zco log file from my desktop
    Attached Files Attached Files

Here's the one from my laptop
    Attached Files Attached Files

You're timing out on appointment requests, causing the local failures. Also, downloading every contact is throwing an exception.

In your logging, do you have calendar tracking on? If you do, turn that off. That just kills performance. In fact, at this point, you should make sure logging is off when you do your initial sync.

Also, I've got serious doubts about your idmapper file. Delete the .idm that corresponds to your profile (in same place .zdb is -- C:\Documents and Settings\siegel\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook)and see if that fixes things. The .idm will get regenerated.

All your sugestion has been tried before posting ....log has never run, and calendar tracking is just turn on to generate the debug log you requested. With a clean resync, the *.idm file has been removed for every attempt. Hence, none of above fix the issue, and the same happens on both workstations.

Currently, I completely cannot use Outlook as I can work, and have to turn it off and use either web gui to get the mail. Using Thunderbird to get mail is fine, but lightling cannot connect to the calendar as before (completely timeout).

Bosco

While don't know about the cause, the quick fix was to blow away the calendar and start with a blank new calendar. Once this was done, everything seems be back to normal.

Of course, there is a painful period to recreate all appointment, and ask all organizer to reinvite me back. Originally, we try to have my old calendar backup and available as shared calendar but found that I can copy back most of the appointments. Export of that old calendar via web gui also result in hang up. Thus, the only way is to recreate all appointment from starts.

Now, while everything seems to be back to normal for over the weekend, there are still a number of old mail in the subfolders that's hasn't been sync back with Outlook. The only way I can cause it to sync is to get some activity to it (such as reply via web gui). I've tried to blow away the profile and recreate it, but it's still the same. There is no error. Look like it only sync new entry plus updated entry. Is there any setting to reset this pointer?

This seems happen to the mail, and tasks are okay.

Try accessing the Zimbra Support toolbar and resetting the sync token:

Right click on the blue area in Outlook (top right is a good spot), and check Zimbra Support

Click the Set Sync Token button

Pick a low number

Sync

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information