Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Zimbra Connector 6.0.0_RC1 Outlook folder error

fsiegel is offline Zimbra Employee

chh -- did you try uninstalling and reinstalling, so it won't be an upgrade? Cleanest way would be to uninstall, then check the registry for anything pointing to ZCS Connector, making sure HKLM\SOFTWARE\Zimbra and HCKU\Software\ZIMBRA are gone, and installing 6.0.0 again.

Again, we did have bug 40876, which we fixed in 6.0.2 (not released yet). After the install, you could try the workaround from my post in this thread (9/14 at 10:49 AM)

chh
    chh is offline Advanced Member

Yes we tried that. Registry was clean after uninstall.
    Manually registering the dlls like mentioned in this thread did not help.
    Even uninstalled Outlook and reinstalled it.
    "Best" we got was the error "Could not open your standard mail folder" (not sure about the translation) and Outlook exiting.
    What I have seen is, that the old version was not cleanly uninstalled. We will try some ways of un-/instatll, upgrade... on some VMs with snapshots.

Update on first try: Uninstall old Connector, install new connector, manual re-registering of dll's. Result: Outlook crashesafter shortly showing some progress meter that could be from the connector, Outlook in safemode crashes, repair of Outlook starts, Outlook still crashes. So no success
    Last edited by chh; 09-25-2009 at 12:19 AM. Reason: Update

phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by chh View Post
    What I have seen is, that the old version was not cleanly uninstalled.
    Try using this: Description of the Windows Installer CleanUp Utility
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

If you're crashing, there should be a core dump in %TEMP%\zco-cores. Post it if there is.

Are you really sure the uninstall was clean? Did you search the registry for all instances of records where ZCS connector is there? Especially GUIDs in HKLM\\SOFTWARE\\Microsoft\\Windows\\CurrentVersion \\Uninstall where ZCS Connector for Outlook is the DisplayName?

chh
    chh is offline Advanced Member

In most of the cases we had problems the uninstall was clean. On one machine I even uninstalled Outlook and cleaned the registry. Using the tool Bill posted did not help in another case.
    By now I tried 2 more machines with manual uninstall, clean registry, install, register dll and it worked. I will continue try on next week and in case of failure post core files.
    I will check 2 of the machines with failures for core files as well.

mas
    mas is offline Intermediate Member

Default The same problem we do have on one installation with 5.0.19

The same problem you are describing we do have with one installation on Outlook 2003 with the 5.0.19. We get the error message "Standard folder can't be opened" (translated from German Outlook).

Once I was able to get Outlook opened for initialization (after entering credentials and configuration in the connector screen). When trying to quit Outlook it was hanging and finally crashing. After restarting Outlook again the same error message appeared again.

A deinstallation (including cleaning the registry profiles and configuration data) didn't help. I wasn't able anymore to get Outlook getting started in folder view. After entering credentials in Zimbra Outlook Connector after some seconds of working on harddrive the error messages with the standard folder appeared again.

I don't have a solution when you want to use 5.0.19 - BUT I tried to install 5.0.18 instead - and it worked perfectly. After having it run perfectly I tried to upgrade the Connetcor to 5.0.19. And after starting Outlook I got the "Standard Folder" error message again.

I deinstalled the 5.0.19 connector - left the profile data on disk and installed the 5.0.18 - and it works again without any problems.

So seems you made some code change which cause also 5.0.19 not to work on every system. However we do have other installations where it works perfectly. Up to now I have no explanation what could cause this problem...

As it is reproducable (and within a virtual machine) I am able to test things. So if you have a new beta connector or some test work to do please let me know.

After having ZCO 5.0.18 running smoothly I was

5.0.20 will be out soon. But perhaps if you want, you could send zco log files from both 5.0.18 (good) and 5.0.19 (bad), and I could compare and see what's up with 5.0.19. This is the first I've heard of something bad witn 5.0.19 in this area.

mas -- I can't really see anything weird in the log files -- things look like they shut down normally, but there is no sync anywhere. You had said there was an Outlook crash. If that's true, there should be a .dmp file in %TEMP%zco-cores. Please post that -- that should give a better indication of what's wrong.

I did find one bug that got introduced in 5.0.19 that could have bearing on this. Do you have any GAL entries with very long addresses (over 512 characters)? It could be either a home address, business address, or other address. If so, this is bug 42295, which has been fixed in 5.0.21 and 6.0.3.

Let me know

mas
    mas is offline Intermediate Member

No, we don't have long address entries in our GAL. So this can't be the reason for malfunction...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information