Thread: How to move Calendar-Contacts items from old Outlook profile to Zimbr profile to

ruffeteg is offline Starter Member

Thumbs down How to move Calendar-Contacts items from old Outlook profile to Zimbr profile to

I have just installed Zimbra Outlook Connector and have now my Zimbra environment. I am going to use Zimbra for work, but earlier I used Outlook for the same and have plenty of useful dates in Calendar I would like to move into Zimbra so that I can also have them online. Normal appointments I can just move, looking at the times carefully, but recurring ones will not allow drag and drop. Other than simple moving, there seems to be no other way to import existing Calendar or Contacts into Zimbra profile.
    Any ideas for this?
    I was thinking of saving a Calendar (or Contacts) file from the old profile, and inject it somehow into Zimbra... but no saving of just calendar or contacts is possible in Outlook.
    Basically, I would like my Zimbra profile to become the default profile - I am also syncing with a pda device through Active Sync and that will most probably ignore Zimbra.
    Last edited by ruffeteg; 08-19-2009 at 04:40 PM.

fsiegel is offline Zimbra Employee

You can export calendar from the old Outlook profile to an .ics. You export contacts from the old Outlook profile to a .csv. Then in the Zimbra Web client, you can import both of them via Preferences Import/Export. Then they will sync down to your new Outlook profile from the Zimbra server.

LinuxETC is offline Junior Member

The .ics file type for export does not appear in Outlook v2007 for the Calendar portion. Any thoughts or recommendations there?

The .cvs file type does appear and did permit a transfer of Contacts.

TIA.

LinuxETC

Save it as a .pst in Outlook. Then use Zimbra's PST Import Wizard to import the .pst in the Zimbra server. Then sync to your new Outlook profile from the Zimbra server.

nexed is offline New Member

Exclamation

None of those options are working. Ive tried exporting the data type from outlook in csv... zimbra does not want to import it. either data ends up missing (primarily phone numbers) or the import fails (ZM Exceptions)

Even when i import the contact list into yahoo.ca, then export it using yahoo's format... zimbra wont take it.

the pst migrator doesnt work either.

any ideas?

using zcs-5.0.18_GA_3011.RHEL5_64.20090707171702

the customer refuses to purchase zimbra NE unless this simplistic task is resolved.

What does the pst migrator do? Is your .ics large? If it's not too bad, and you want to post it, I can try importing it here and see what the issues are.

Thread Information