Thread: [SOLVED] Syncing a Blackberry With Outlook/Zimbra Connector

gneuf is offline Junior Member

Default [SOLVED] Syncing a Blackberry With Outlook/Zimbra Connector

Once I've installed the Outlook Connector for Zimbra, the PC continues to sync with the old Outlook.pst file.

When I try to change the sync location using the Blackberry Desktop Manager, there exists only the original Outlook profile - nothing there for Zimbra.

I've searched the forums and haven't found the answer for this one, as I usually do (yay, Forums!).

From what I have read so far, I'm thinking that I either have to import the existing data into the Zimbra profile using Outlook Import (which didn't like a lot of the characters in some of the Notes), use the Zimbra .pst importer and import it into Zimbra and let it sync from there (which skipped some items), or...there's some way to get the Blackberry Desktop Manager to recognize the Zimbra profile as a valid Blackberry-sync candidate.

Quick Details: Connector 5.0.12, Vista OS, Outlook 2007.

There's no way to do a Wired (USB) sync with the Zimbra data (Profile). The Blackberry Desktop doesn't offer it - only the original Outlook .pst file.

I want to be able to Wired-Sync the Blackberry with Outlook, using the new Zimbra profile, and have that sync to Zimbra, but the Desktop Manager for Blackberry doesn't have a selection for the new Zimbra Profile.

I successfully did that with a brand-new Office installation on another computer, but this computer had a pre-existing .pst-based profile, and the Blackberry Desktop Manager continues to sync with the old .pst file.

fsiegel is offline Zimbra Employee

Why can't you just go into the Profile options in the synchronization configuration screen and change the profile to a Zimbra profile?

That's the problem - there was no other profile to select. After the connector installation, no new profile appeared in the Blackberry Desktop Manager - even though I got the message that Outlook would present me with the dialog that asks for the Zimbra sync-server setup. Which it did not do.

I have since uninstalled the connector, and when I went to remove the profile from Windows (the Outlook profile) that should have been there I discovered there was no other profile created at all! Strange...

So I cold-rebooted the machine, checked that ZCO was not installed, checked that there were no Outlook profiles except the original .pst-based profile, checked that the Blackberry desktop was not running, and I'm currently installing Zimbra version 5.0.18 on the server so I can go through the ZCO install again with the latest ZCO.

I needed to upgrade the server anyway because of the Security advisory, but being up to date is important with complex software like Zimbra's connectors and importers.

When that's done I'll try to install ZCO 5.0.18 on that machine again, and if it fails similarly I'll be looking into the machine/OS configuration to see if that's the problem.

Either way I'll be posting the progress and whether it's solved...

Upgrading the server and removing and reinstalling the connector seemed to work.

Unfortunately, after a sync, the phone numbers all disappear in Zimbra.

I'll have to search for that one in the forums now...

Thread Information