Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Zimbra NE Pro server rules not working on Outlook

magolon is offline New Member

Default Zimbra NE Pro server rules not working on Outlook

Hello everyone,

I have Zimbra NE pro running and it works quite well, so far the biggest issue is that there is no way to get rules to work.
    The documentation says that rules created on Outlook won't work but the rules created on the Zimbra server should reflect on Outlook, but this is not the case.

Does anyone knows how to get mail sorting rules to work?

I have zimbra Release 5.0.13_GA_2791 with the ZOC 5.0.13.
    Outlook is 2007

Thanks.

fsiegel is offline Zimbra Employee

This is all supposed to work fine. Perhaps you have a bad rule, or there was a bug when the rule was created.

Can you post a couple of things?

1) A screenshot of the rule in the web client
    2) A screenshot of the rule in Outlook (or does it just not display in Outlook?)
    3) A log file of a sync where I can see the rule syncing down (maybe create a new rule in the web client and do a sync in Outlook).

BTW, starting in 5.0.17, local Outlook rules (rules created with the Outlook rules UI, not just the Zimbra Outlook rules UI) will work, at least for Outlook 2007. We are trying to get Outlook 2003 support in as well.

Thanks

Sure thing, here are the screen shots for the Web Client rule and the Outlook Rule showing in Zimbra Rules.

As for the log, I checked the mailbox.log for about a week and there is no mention of anything related of the rule named Mantis2.

If there is any other log you need me to check, please point me in that direction and I'll do it right away.

Thanks a lot.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Well, I was talking about a ZCO log, not the mailbox log. But I notice that your rule does a "matches exactly". Just curious what would happen if you change it to "contains" instead?

I changed it as you suggested and nothing, will post the log of the ZOC later on today.

Thanks a lot.

olecoot is offline Active Member

We are having the same issue as well. We have just converted to Zimbra from Exchange.

Our office uses MS Outlook 2007 and Outlook Connector supplied with 6.0.2 NE Pro Server (which is labeled 6.0.5736.2 from about Zimbra Connector).

Rules created using Zimbra Server Rules do not run. Rules created with the rules wizard of Outlook run fine.

Apologies in advance if this has been covered in another topic.

I need more specific info. Can you give me an example of a rule you created in Zimbra that does not run?

Quote Originally Posted by fsiegel View Post
    I need more specific info. Can you give me an example of a rule you created in Zimbra that does not run?
    Sure! Thank you for your fast reply!!

One of the rules is for support. I have a support folder in my inbox. The rule that I created reads:

Apply this rule after the message arrives
    from support@domain.com
    move to the Inbox/Support folder

I have basically the same Zimbra Server rule for several folders that exist in my Zimbra - Inbox and the result is the same.

I've created the same rule using the default right click in MS Outlook and it works as expected.

OK. Now some more questions:

1) Did you create the Zimbra rule in Outlook or the web client? (I assume Outlook)

2) How exactly did you create it? Maybe a screen shot or just some info -- did you do Contains, Matches Exactly, or Matches Pattern?

3) Is there more than one Zimbra Server rule created, and if so, does it say "Additional Filter Rules Processed" or "Additional Filter Rules Not Processed"? [Maybe you have "not processed", so your rules lower down never execute]

Quote Originally Posted by fsiegel View Post
    OK. Now some more questions:

1) Did you create the Zimbra rule in Outlook or the web client? (I assume Outlook)

2) How exactly did you create it? Maybe a screen shot or just some info -- did you do Contains, Matches Exactly, or Matches Pattern?

3) Is there more than one Zimbra Server rule created, and if so, does it say "Additional Filter Rules Processed" or "Additional Filter Rules Not Processed"? [Maybe you have "not processed", so your rules lower down never execute]
    1) The rule was/is created using Outlook client. We use the web client very little.

2) The rules are created using the rule wizard that is started when using Zimbra Server Rules menu option. I usually do "Matches Exactly" because of the sending email address but have tried "Contains" also.

3) There is one rule per folder. So if it comes in from email@domain.com it is moved to the specified folder. I do have a few rules where there is an except if the email is sent to a distro group. The "Additional Filter Rules Not Processed" is usually checked.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information