Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: mail not going out

graefen is offline Intermediate Member

Quote Originally Posted by sam
    Do you have a DSL connection, T1, etc? What kind of bandwidth do you get between your hosted provider and your workplace?
    We have a 3Mb/768kb DSL connection (although our down speeds are more like 2Mb). We generally have pretty good bandwidth between us and the hosted provider. Even if it's not full-bandwidth, it's generally not lower enough to worry about—when we send 1MB-2MB attachments, they upload pretty quickly.

graefen is offline Intermediate Member

Ok, I got an answer on the attachment limit: it's set to 10MB, so that's not the problem.

bjared is offline Senior Member

Default Outbox not purging

We're testing the Outlook Connector, (ZimbraOlkConnector-3.1.2_GA_435_3.1.922.msi) and finding that e-mails "sent" while working offline don't seem to leave the outbox after having gone back online.

OK, after further research, we're assuming it's an Outlook issue. The e-mail can be sent successfully if we don't look at the 'Outbox' contents, but once we glance in there, it refuses to send any of the e-mails until we double-click on them and click "send". The initial message we were trying this with was only 2k in size, so we were thinking it was similar to others' issues here. I hope this information is useful to somebody. In our case, it appears to be an Outlook bug.

--Brian

KevinH is offline Expert Member

Quote Originally Posted by bjared
    The e-mail can be sent successfully if we don't look at the 'Outbox' contents, but once we glance in there, it refuses to send any of the e-mails until we double-click on them and click "send".
    This is an Outlook feature. Basically if you touch a msg in the Outbox it thinks you want to edit it so you have to manually hit send again to let Outlook know your done changing the message regardless if you actually changed anything.
    Looking for new beta users -> Co-Founder of Acompli. Previously worked at Zimbra (and Yahoo! & VMware) since 2005.

bjared is offline Senior Member

Thumbs up Cool, it's Outlook's fault.

Quote Originally Posted by KevinH
    This is an Outlook feature. Basically if you touch a msg in the Outbox it thinks you want to edit it so you have to manually hit send again to let Outlook know your done changing the message regardless if you actually changed anything.
    Yeah, we were glad to discover it wasn't the connector's fault. We're big fans of Zimbra and how much administration it will save us. We can't wait to take all our Exchange servers out to the pier. There are customers who would miss using Outlook, so we were poking it with sticks yesterday. (I've never used Outlook, and before the ZCS Web UI, I used pine exclusively. I was using pine and POP3 to our initial Zimbra server, but seeing as I'll need to assist customers in the future, I moved to the Web UI.) Aside from having to touch the mouse, I love it.

Hopefully the customers who will be using Microsoft Outlook will be familiar with that Outbox idiosyncrasy.

KevinH is offline Expert Member

Quote Originally Posted by bjared
    Aside from having to touch the mouse, I love it.
    Yes we'd love to drive Zimbra 100% with the keyboard. The next release will have a significant improvement here with our keyboard navigation support. Might not let you unplug your mouse yet but many of the common tasks will be keyboard driven.
    Looking for new beta users -> Co-Founder of Acompli. Previously worked at Zimbra (and Yahoo! & VMware) since 2005.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information