Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: mail not going out

coreASP is offline Member

Default clean packets out

Are you able to get reliable packets to our server?

Dos prompt
    C:\>ping -t mail.yourdomain.com

let it run for 10 minutes and view the failed packets and the latency, I would hope your at 100% packets delivered and < 125ms

Dan Bath

sam
    sam is offline Zimbra Employee

ERROR_WINHTTP_TIMEOUT = 0x2ee2

The SendMsgRequest is timing out. Are you able to telnet to the server from the client machine? Are server updates reflected in the client?
    Sam Khavari

:: :: [ Zimbra ] :: :: [ Bugzilla ] :: :: [ Product Portal ] :: :: [ Wiki ] :: :: [ Downloads ] :: :: [ . ] ::

BarrySDCA is offline Banned

I was able to telnet, but I changed out the firewall anyway. Just completed...we will soon see. I had no confidence in that firewall. THANK YOU

BarrySDCA is offline Banned

no dice

I can telnet and connect to the zimbra box no problem

mail just sits in the outlook outbox and does not go out.

what else can I test?

graefen is offline Intermediate Member

Default ditto - sending from Outlook with multi-megabyte attachments just spins

We're in the same boat. Whenever we try to send mail from Outlook with attachments over 2-3MB, it just spins. I ping'd the server for a while and got no lost packets and 99ms average response time. Anyone know of anything else to test?

sam

what kind of connection do you have between the outlook client and the zimbra server? do your logs also indicate a connection timeout?
    Sam Khavari

:: :: [ Zimbra ] :: :: [ Bugzilla ] :: :: [ Product Portal ] :: :: [ Wiki ] :: :: [ Downloads ] :: :: [ . ] ::

Quote Originally Posted by sam
    what kind of connection do you have between the outlook client and the zimbra server? do your logs also indicate a connection timeout?
    I'm not sure what you mean by "what kind of connection"? We're using a third party Zimbra hosting solution, and they're located in Milwaukee, whereas we're located in Central Kentucky, so there could be myriad connections in between. There's a lot of stuff in the log, but I think this is the relevant part:
    23-05-2006 10:19:43 [5520]: *29* failed on WinHttpWriteData(...), Error Code: 0x2ee2
    23-05-2006 10:19:43 [5520]: *29* <<<<-------- End (Request)----------------------------------------------->>>>

They were the first two lines in the log (after the 'Zimbra Connector for Outlook 3.1.893' line). It looks like the same error code. Also, Outlook's Send/Receive dialog gave me this error:
    Task 'Zimbra - Charlie Fiskeaux II - Sending and Receiving' reported error (0x800C8100) : 'Unknown Error 0x800C8100'

I'm not sure if that's of any use or not. I'm trying to find out what the attachment size limit is on the server (I can't just check, since it's not my server), and I'll post that when I find out.

phoenix is online now Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

Have you tried creating a new profile to see if that problems continues to happen?
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix
    Have you tried creating a new profile to see if that problems continues to happen?
    No, but I don't think it will help. Everyone has this same problem. We have ten people, some on WinXP/Outlook2003, and some on OSX/Mail, and everyone has the same problem, where it just spins. I haven't ruled out an attachment size limit yet, but I'll have to wait until our third-party host gets back to me on that issue.

sam

Do you have a DSL connection, T1, etc? What kind of bandwidth do you get between your hosted provider and your workplace?
    Sam Khavari

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information