Thread: Sent Items not Syncing

pointdee is offline Member

Default Sent Items not Syncing

When I started Outlook yesterday morning I received the following local failure notice

Local Failures were detected. No action is required.
    > This e-mail was generated for technical support purposes.
    >
    > Sync Type: Delta Sync
    >
    > Sync Token (before request): 222901
    >
    > Sync Token (most current): 222902
    >
    > Store: Zimbra - Username
    >
    > Computer Name: Computername
    >
    > Version: 5.0.2893.13
    >
    > Error IDs:
    > id (219352) type(message)

<soap:Envelope xmlns:soap="http://www.w3.org/2003/05/soap-envelope"><soap:Header><context xmlns="urn:zimbra"><change token="222902"/></context></soap:Header><soap:Body><SyncResponse md="1241606226" token="222902" xmlns="urn:zimbraMail"><m ms="222902" md="1241606211" l="2" id="219352" rev="222902"/></SyncResponse></soap:Body></soap:Envelope>

I noticed today that any message I send through Outlook is being delivered, is being transferred to the Sent folder in Outlook but is not in the Sent folder in the web interface. All other aspects of synchronisation appear to be working ok including messages sent through web or IMAP being in the Sent in Outlook.

We're using Outlook 2003 SP3 with zcs Network 5.0.13_GA_2790 on SLES 10 64bit with ZCO 5.0.2893.13 and this all took place over a LAN rather than on an iffy Internet connection. As a precaution I've already restarted my PC and all ZImbra services on the server

Any suggestion as to how I can get this working again? I know I can delete my local Zimbra profile, create a new one and resync but I would then lose some Sent items and although I can live with this if it happens to any of my users they might not be so understanding.

Thanks
    Last edited by pointdee; 05-07-2009 at 12:09 PM.

pointdee is offline Member

It seems this is an issue with something in my profile on the local PC. If I login on the same PC as a different user and setup my mail to the same account as before then everything works as it should.

If I just create a new email profile in my existing user account then the problem is the same.

Wherever the problem is it's outside the %userprofile%\application data\microsoft\outlook and %userprofile%\local settings\application data\microsoft\outlook folders as both these have been deleted.

Are there any registry settings or temp files that could cause a lock on syncing sent items back to the server?

Thanks

Thread Information