Thanks Bill I've done that but thought I would ask here as well since when I spoke with them on the phone they had not experienced the problem before. Sorry if that was wrong
Hi Bill (and Simon!),
Simon, we just this weekend updated zimbra to the latest version and uploaded the latest connectors to your control panel.
So I'd recommend you download the new connector in the first instance and try that against the new version of the server. If no go please continue the dialogue with the SimplyMailsolutions support department and we'll raise a case with Zimbra accordingly.
Zimbra hosting - Instant online setup - www.simplymailsolutions.com
Thanks will do.
We've been seeing the same behavior here as well (ZCO and server 5.0.13, Outlook 2007 SP1).
When this happens the user gets no indication that he/she is not receiving email. Usually, just restarting Outlook will get it working again. I haven't been able to find anything in the logs that gives me a clue as to what is going on, either.
The hosted server we are on has just been upgraded to 5.0.16 and we've just installed the new Outlook connector to match that server.
I'll let you know if it makes a difference...
Same problems here. Outlook 2007, Zimbra NE 5.0.10.
Daily on one machine, less frequently on 15 more (once-twice a week, could be under-reporting, or less volume). Outlook works, syncing seems to pop up, but mails never come. Restarting Outlook fixes the problem.
We also have it coupled with strange situation that some people, in some cases, don't see some (not all) appointments scheduled in company wide shared calendar(s). It is very erratic, at one point one set of people doesn't see an appointment in Outlook, but other can see it, then later another group doesn't see a different appointment and so on. They all can see their mails and appointments in ZWC.
This guys are power users, on lower volume everything seems to be working fine, however, lots of mail+lots of appointments+Outlook 2007=trouble for us
We've also scheduled upgrade for this weekend, and connectors will be upgraded during next week, so hopefully, it'll go away.
When I installed the 5.0.15 driver on two PCs they both threw up an error regarding the "Itunes plugin for Outlook" now being disabled. I didn't even know there was an iTunes Outlook plugin so wonder whether that's been causing problems in the past?
So far Outlook is performing well with new plugin...
Has anyone's upgrade to 5.0.16 resulted in these issues going away? I havent had a chance to do the upgrade yet, and probably wont get to this for a few more weeks.
I have however noticed that if a user has outlook open and at the same time logs into the web client, they almost certainly report this issue within the next day or so. As per comments from fselendic, the issue also appears to affect calendar appointments as well as email sync. I have already sent through some logs for this, but they show nothing as previously advised.
This isnt the most scientific description of how to replicate the issue, but in the absence of error messages in logs etc, its all I have.
Would be interested to know whether upgrades have resolved the issues for anyone here.
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)