Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sent items are from "unknown"

ldomingues is offline Intermediate Member

Default Sent items are from "unknown"

After upgrading to Outlook connector 5.0.15_GA_2850 and applying the new Outlook hotfixes Outlook 2007 improvements in the February 2009 cumulative update - Zimbra :: Wiki

all sent items are from "Unknown", instead of my own name...

Did this happend to anyone else? All my users are reporting this problem...

What's odd is that messages sent from the PDA are reporting the send correctly, so this must be an Outlook-related issue.

Server is 5.0.15_GA_2850.

Thanks

Luis
    Attached Images Attached Images

kmarch_CSI is offline Starter Member

Quote Originally Posted by ldomingues View Post
    After upgrading to Outlook connector 5.0.15_GA_2850 and applying the new Outlook hotfixes Outlook 2007 improvements in the February 2009 cumulative update - Zimbra :: Wiki

all sent items are from "Unknown", instead of my own name...

Did this happend to anyone else? All my users are reporting this problem...

What's odd is that messages sent from the PDA are reporting the send correctly, so this must be an Outlook-related issue.

Server is 5.0.15_GA_2850.
    Seeing the same behavior here, under the same circumstances (Outlook 2007 w/Feb hotfix, ZCS 5.0.15_GA_2851 and ZCO 5.0.2931.15). The PDA thing I can confirm too; messages sent from either my iPhone or BlackBerry both show up in my Sent folder with my proper e-mail address.

The recipient sees my full name and e-mail address when they get e-mail that I've sent through Outlook, so it appears to just be Outlook trying to display the From: address...?

kmarch_CSI is offline Starter Member

Quote Originally Posted by kmarch_CSI View Post
    The recipient sees my full name and e-mail address when they get e-mail that I've sent through Outlook, so it appears to just be Outlook trying to display the From: address...?
    Well, just verified and looked at my Sent Mail folder from the web client, and sure enough 'Unknown' is shown as the sender. But, end recipient (even a local Zimbra recipient) sees my name/address, so I'm guessing Zimbra is throwing it in somewhere after Outlook sends the e-mail.

MisuVir is offline Member

Have the same issue here with clients upgraded to Outlook SP2. Our server has not been upgraded.

I can confirm that it doesn't occur on SP2 if ZCO is not installed. It also doesn't occur on ZCO 5.0.15 if Outlook SP2 is not installed. However, if both are installed, then emails sent from Outlook have the from address as "unknown".

Haven't tested Outlook SP2 with previous version of ZCO...

santillr is offline New Member

We are seeing the same behavior in a slightly different environment. We are currently using Outlook 2003 with zco 5.0.10, and are packaging our upgrade to outlook 2007 using the advice here: Outlook 2007 improvements in the February 2009 cumulative update - Zimbra :: Wiki
    Thus, we end up using Outlook 2007 SP1, and including both outlook-specific hotfixes from sp2, while staying on zco 5.0.10. This results in the same "unknown" behavior that you all are describing. I will attempt the install without one or both of the outlook-specific patches, to see where the problem is introduced, and report on what I find.

OK, I've done some testing, and here's what I've found:
    kb961752 (outlook.msp) is causing the unknown sender problem
    The problem is common to zco versions 5.0.10 and 5.0.15.
    (Tested with both 5.0.2767.10 and 5.0.2931.15 against two zimbra servers of corresponding versions)
    I believe kb961752 is what introduces the faster startup and shutdown, and also fixes the recurring data file not closed properly error, among other things.
    The other outlook specific patch in SP2, kb967688 did not cause this problem. I tested with each patch individually present and both together, and it always arose with kb961752. Has anyone submitted a bug report on this yet?
    Last edited by santillr; 04-09-2009 at 07:22 AM. Reason: Clarification

lfletche is offline Junior Member

Hi Guys,

We are running version 5.0.13 and are also seeing this problem after installing this MS hotfix. I couldn't find a bug logged with Zimbra for this so I have just created one:

Bug 37146 – Sender shows as "unknown" after applying Outlook 2007 SP2 Hotfix

If this problem is affecting you please vote for it so we can get it sorted.

Just voted. Thanks for creating the bug report, lfletche.

bsn
    bsn is offline Intermediate Member

Default Unknown

Same situation here. Outlook 2007 with ZCO 5.0.11 worked fine. I upgraded to 5.0.15 and Outlook SP2 Hotfix and the user report the behaviour explained above.

View Message in Plain-Text inside Zimbra:

Sender: "Unknown"
    To: <info@XXXXXXXX>

TerKa-Ming is offline Starter Member

Default From: displays as UNKNOWN in Outlook 2007 w/Sp2 upgrade

Exact same situation here. Just applied Office 2007 Sp2 and installed ZCO 5.0.15 and checked my sent items. From: displays as -you guessed it- "UNKNOWN"! Zimbra folks...help! Can you fix this soon! Does 5.0.16 or .17 fix this? Do we really have to wait this long? - Thanks!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information