Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Calendar entries display in Firefox but NOT Internet Explorer or Outlook

blaze is offline Senior Member

Default Calendar entries display in Firefox but NOT Internet Explorer or Outlook

Hi,

I have a really strange problem and I am wondering if anyone has come across this before. One of our customers complained to me that some of their users are experiencing an issue whereby calendar entries are displayed in Firefox using the web interface, but not in Internet Explorer (6 or 7) and Outlook (2003). I am not sure about 2007 because I have not had any results from their testing. There seems to be no pattern as to which boxes are affected either, but I have included screenshots of the symptoms.

Any suggestions/help anyone can offer would be most appreciated.

Best regards,
    Gary
    Attached Images Attached Images

fsiegel is offline Zimbra Employee

The fact that appointments display in Firefox, but not IE is strange. There are cases where they display in the web browsers, and not Outlook, and that could be a variety of syncing problems.

But not displaying in IE seems to let the ZCO connector off the hook. I know there have been cases of weird data messing up Outlook's display. Perhaps there is something in the calendar data that Microsoft doesn't like.

How was the calendar data input? Do you have an .ics file you can post? Perhaps that would shed some light.

fsiegel is offline Zimbra Employee

Also a ZCO log might help, but I'm not so sure about that. Probably, I would just see no download at all.

Hi fsiegel,

I suspect you might be right about this not being related to the connector but I am going to try it again myself. One interesting thing I did notice was that if you disable all of the shared calendars that are open in Internet Explorer calendar view (by unticking their respective boxes) then the users primary calendar displays once more. Then if you tick the boxes for the shared calendars everything displays fine...that is until you go away from it and the next time you come back the same problem is there. I have visual studio 2008 installed on my machine, and the debugger that is included is hooked into IE and informs me of scripting errors. I get such an error when viewing the calendar, and upon debugging it seems to be complaining about a javascript issue. I have attached some screenshots:

Another, possibly unrelated issue is that I asked the user to export their calendar in ICS format from both IE and Firefox. The size of each differed ever so slightly but I guess that is to be expected? Anyway, when I then as a test tried to import these ICS files into Outlook I get the following error:

After this there are no problems viewing the calendar entries. I presume this is because it has fixed it by truncating the recurrence. Does the Outlook connector perform similar functionality, and if so could this be something to look at?

Any ideas you have on either issue would be great. Perhaps this spans beyond the realms of just the ZCO though, so if any of your colleagues want to get involved their help is of course welcomed also.

Best regards,
    Gary
    Attached Images Attached Images

scourtney2000 is offline Member

Default Having the same problem

I have the exact same issue. Did you find a solution to the problem?

No, not as yet, perhaps you can post some evidence yourself such as screenshots, log files and exact descriptions? This was we can try to narrow down exactly what the problem is and it would help out the Zimbra guys.

Many thanks,
    Gary

uxbod is offline Moderator

Blaze would you update your profile with the following output so we know which version of ZCS you are running aswell please
    Code:
    su - zimbra
    zmcontrol -v

Hi Uxbod,

We manage many servers on different platforms with different versions of Zimbra (because some customers don't always want to upgrade straight away). This particular version is:

Release 5.0.12_GA_2790.RHEL4_20090126014130 RHEL4 NETWORK edition

Is there anything else that would be useful?

Many thanks,
    Gary

Default I have the same problem

Release 5.0.12_GA_2789.UBUNTU8_64 UBUNTU8_64 NETWORK edition

Default Btw

BTW

The calendar does work in Chrome, but not Opera. I have the latest versions of all browsers.

Opera returns an 'Invalid request was made'

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information