Thread: Syncing calendar & contacts with Outlook 2007

bdogprez Guest

Default Syncing calendar & contacts with Outlook 2007

Our IT people (I'm the president of a university) installed Zimbra Connector for Outlook (I'm running Outlook 2007) on my laptop (Vista Business) - I'm off on vacation, our IT department is closed till Jan 5th, and I've just discovered that while my email is running, it is not syncing with either my calendar or my contacts on the server. (both my home desktop and office desktop are doing that just fine). I cannot contact anyone in IT to find out how to fix this myself - I'm sure it's a simple fix on the laptop. Can anyone provide instructions for me?

I'm running ZCO 5.0.2781.10

thanks -

fsiegel is offline Zimbra Employee

Not sure if it's simple or not. I'd probably need to see a zco log. There is a program called zcologctl (in the same directory as your outlook connector -- c:\Program Files\Common Files\System\MSMAPI\1033.

Run that, click enable logging and Http Logging, and then restart Outlook. Do a sync, and then exit Outlook and post the log file.

[You'll want to make sure that there is something new to download].

Another thing you can try (I don't know how big your mailbox is) is to create a new profile in Outlook and try to initial sync.

bdogprez Guest

Default progress

Interestingly, when I closed Outlook and reopened, my calendar data posted. Perhaps someone on campus actually read my emails yesterday and did something on the server - I have no idea.

But I do want to test it - I've entered a new calendar entry and a new contact on my Blackberry (which syncs with the Zimbra server) - but I have a really dumb question: how do I force a sync on Outlook (other than the send/receive for email)?

bdogprez Guest

Default progress

Interestingly, when I closed Outlook and reopened, my calendar data posted. Perhaps someone on campus actually read my emails yesterday and did something on the server - I have no idea.

But I do want to test it - I've entered a new calendar entry and a new contact on my Blackberry (which syncs with the Zimbra server) - but I have a really dumb question: how do I force a sync on Outlook (other than the send/receive for email)?

fsiegel is offline Zimbra Employee

The Send/Receive for mail (F9) also does calendar, contacts, etc. That's the best way to force a delta sync. If you want to be sure of the timing, you could take Outlook offline, do your server change, and then bring Outlook back online again.

Thread Information