Thread: connector for entourage

ecactive is offline Active Member

Default connector for entourage

Is there any plans at this point in time for Microsoft Entourage on Mac? Entourage supports MS Exchange synchronisation the same as Microsoft Outlook for PC.

We have a number of our clients looking for Entourage support.

bobby is offline Zimbra Employee

the zcs connector for iSync works with the newest version of entourage 2004--not to mention apple mail, address book, and iCal--to sync with the sever

silurius is offline Intermediate Member

Quote Originally Posted by bobby
    the zcs connector for iSync works with the newest version of entourage 2004--not to mention apple mail, address book, and iCal--to sync with the sever
    I am curious to know if anyone has tested this out with a diverse population of Mac users, both tech-savvy and non-savvy. Was the performance rock solid? And isn't this connector still in beta?

I am a little confused by this guide (bolding is my own):
    Quote Originally Posted by ZCS Apple iSync Beta overview
    Synchronizing with Microsoft Entourage®

With the newest update to Microsoft® Office 2004 for Mac (version 11.2.3), the ZCS Connector for Apple iSync now enables synchronization of contacts and calendar data between Entourage and the ZCS server. To enable this feature, users of Entourage 11.2.3 select Preference>General Preferences>Sync Services to synchronize Entourage contacts and calendar items (events) with Address Book and iCal. ZCS mail can be synced with Entourage using IMAP. Currently, Entourage allows only one calendar per user account, and this calendar by default is called “Entourage.” This contrasts with the default ZCS calendar, which is called “Calendar.” Entourage calendar and ZCS calendar do not sync. The Entourage calendar is created on the ZCS server. Users who want to sync their calendar between Entourage and the ZCS server should use the Entourage calendar exclusively.

Note: Appointments in the ZCS Calendar will not be visible from Entourage. Since meeting invitations sent to ZCS users will create appointments in the ZCS Calendar, Zimbra recommends using Entourage calendar only for personal calendaring at this time (i.e. creating personal appointment without inviting others.) Zimbra is working on solutions to resolve this in the future.
    I may be a little dense, but is this saying that Entourage users who wish to use their Zimbra calendar exclusively must rename their calendars on the local machine to be called "Zimbra"? Would someone mind listing the steps out one by one?

We are a small startup and about 90% of our users are on Macs and are NOT very technical, while I'm pretty technical but not Mac savvy. So I'm a little hesitant here.
    Last edited by silurius; 04-12-2006 at 02:51 PM.

KevinH is offline Expert Member

You need to create a new calendar in Zimbra called 'Entourage' and use that as your primary calendar
    Looking for new beta users -> Co-Founder of Acompli. Previously worked at Zimbra (and Yahoo! & VMware) since 2005.

Quote Originally Posted by KevinH
    You need to create a new calendar in Zimbra called 'Entourage' and use that as your primary calendar
    Gah, of course. Thank you. I'm sure one day I'll finally identify the evolutionary advantage for my Dyslexia.

Back on topic, so how would this work if there were multiple calendars on the backend? Seems Entourage users would be limited to seeing just one of them unless they also use the web frontend. What about iCal?
    Last edited by silurius; 04-12-2006 at 04:30 PM.

Thread Information