Thread: Cannot View Other's Shared Calendar's in Outlook 2007

rdulin3 is offline New Member

Question Cannot View Other's Shared Calendar's in Outlook 2007

I cannot view users who have shared their calendars with me in Outlook 2007. I can log into the Zimbra web client and view their calendars without issue, but using the Zimbra Outlook connector I can only see my personal calendar in Outlook.

Anyone know how to fix this? I am using the Outlook Connector v. 5.0.2706.9

fsiegel is offline Zimbra Employee

I need a little more info. How are you trying to access the calendar? [Did you try File->Open Other User's Mailbox?] What error message (if any) do you get?

Do you see our Zimbra menu items (like Tools->Zimbra Server Rules, Tools->Mailbox Quota, Help->About Zimbra Connector for Outlook, etc.)?

rdulin3 is offline New Member

Quote Originally Posted by fsiegel View Post
    I need a little more info. How are you trying to access the calendar? [Did you try File->Open Other User's Mailbox?] What error message (if any) do you get?

Do you see our Zimbra menu items (like Tools->Zimbra Server Rules, Tools->Mailbox Quota, Help->About Zimbra Connector for Outlook, etc.)?

Thanks for the help. I actually was able to access them after following you first set of directions. I basically had to go to File-> Open-> Other User's Folder and then choose the user who already allowed me access through Zimbra from the GAL. It then would pull in their Calendar.

Another cool feature is if I don't have access I can attempt to access their calendar, it'll give an error but ask if I'd like to request to have access.

Extra steps that probably should be automatic once you access access in Zimbra, but not so bad that we can't deal with it.

Thanks again,

atworkcat is offline Starter Member

Default Doesn't work for all situations

If a user adds me individually as an admin for a shared calendar, it shows up as an available calendar to open in OLK, and as a sub-calendar to my main in the Zimbra web interface. These items can be viewed on my main calendar in whatever color the associated calendar is marked--very handy. However, when a user created a shared calendar in Zimbra and sent it out with Viewer permissions to a distribution list, choosing the Accept Share button created another root-level calendar, one I can see in the web interface, but not in OLK. When I try the instructions listed in this thread, I'm prompted to request that the user's main calendar be shared, which is of course not at all what is desired, since the user created a separate calendar just for this purpose.

How can I get this root-level calendar to be visible in my Outlook?

jimm is offline Intermediate Member

Default Similar problem as atworkcat

Hello all, We are in the process of migrating all our users from exchange to Zimbra. I am having an issue when trying to view a shared calendar, My supervisor has made a separate calendar to share with only me, I have received the invitation and accepted it. I can see his Calendar in the Zimbra Web Interface, as well as Zimbra Desktop.

I have tried the following:

1) Making sure the Zimbra sharing AddIn is enabled and registry setting were correct per this link. (Even though these were not my Symptoms)
    2) Tried adding the Calendar via the instructions in This bug report. (it still didn't work)
    3) Following These eHow instructions*

My problem Differs from Atworkcat's in that i do not get prompted for the user to share their main calendar, I just get nothing. After selecting the user's name from the GAL, the screen goes away and i am back at Outlook 2007. No errors, nothing.

* One thing i noticed in the eHow instructions is in step ##, it says only Zimbra users will show up in the GAL. Because we are transitioning, we are still using the GAL from exchange, thus, every user in my organization shows up when i try to add, not just the Zimbra users. Could this be the problem? Just for fun i tried adding someone not on our domain from my own contacts, and i did get the error message that the person has to have a Zimbra mailbox etc. etc. I would think that if the GAL is the problem then i would get that same error?

Any help is appreciated

fsiegel is offline Zimbra Employee

Can you enable ZCO logging (just logging and http, not verbose), try your scenario, shutdown outlook, and send the logs?

jimm is offline Intermediate Member

My apologies i should have updated this post. Out of frustration i ended up removing Zimbra Connector, reinstalling Outlook, reinstalling connector, and everything works fine.

schi is offline Starter Member

I am currently having this issue. My set up is Outlook 2007 with service pack 2, running on Windows XP service pack 3, Zimbra connector is 6.0.5958.7. Zimbra server is 6.0.6_GA2332. Tried removing both office and connector but still no luck. I can see it fine in the web interface after granting permissions to the users. I add the calendar by going into File -> Open -> Other User's Mailbox. I see the calendar open but no items. PLEASE HELP.

Also I get a failed synchronizing when refreshing the send/receive.

Thread Information