I've got a user with the famed 'stuck in outbox' issue. He says that when messages are stuck, he can drag them back into the drafts folder, open, and resend most of the time. However, this method breaks calendar invites for whatever reason (messes up format).
We have done the following to debug:
1. Deleted profile and re-downloaded account data.
2. He had AVG installed so he removed the Outlook add-in with no luck.
3. He then uninstalled AVG, rebooted and no dice. Repeated step 1 with no AVG.
4. Reinstalled Outlook connector and repeat step 1.
5. Uninstalled Office and repeat step 4...
The user has a laptop and a desktop and it seems to be happening on both, though we aren't able to reproduce the problem in a testing system. Both machines use Windows XP SP3 with fully-patched Outlook 2003.
I've looked through other posts on this issue and the only thing of substance I've found is to look for an 'outbox' folder in the web client which doesn't exist for this user. Also, other threads seem to die off when asked to present logs.. I've got logs for whoever wants them