Thread: Cannot run 5.0.8 connector w/o admin rights

Jbrabander is offline Elite Member

Question Cannot run 5.0.8 connector w/o admin rights

Back with the 5.0.3 Outlook Connector, it would partially install before dying because it didn't have permissions to some files. We wrote a little batch script that I ran as the admin, giving the local user temporary r/w rights to the affected files. I then ran a second batch file to take away those rights. Our users do not have permissions to install programs on their machines. This is set via group policy.

Anyway, now with the 5.0.8 connector, I try this same routine, but the connector won't run saying the user doesn't have permission to run programs. As I understand it, the connector has to be run as the user and not under the admin account, right? It's a bit bothersome when there are multiple users on a machine, that I have to run the connector for each user.

Any suggestions? I really don't want to have to make each user an admin to their local machine.

alee is offline Former Zimbran

Quote Originally Posted by Jbrabander View Post
    Back with the 5.0.3 Outlook Connector, it would partially install before dying because it didn't have permissions to some files. We wrote a little batch script that I ran as the admin, giving the local user temporary r/w rights to the affected files. I then ran a second batch file to take away those rights. Our users do not have permissions to install programs on their machines. This is set via group policy.

Anyway, now with the 5.0.8 connector, I try this same routine, but the connector won't run saying the user doesn't have permission to run programs. As I understand it, the connector has to be run as the user and not under the admin account, right? It's a bit bothersome when there are multiple users on a machine, that I have to run the connector for each user.

Any suggestions? I really don't want to have to make each user an admin to their local machine.

we fixed a bug a while back that installed ZCO for "all users" instead of just the logged in user. i believe it was post 5.0.3 so you probably didn't have this fix.
    can you run the installer like this:

msiexec /i [msi name] /lv [log file name]

and then send us the logs or open a support case?

Thread Information