Thread: Outlook work offline after email send

kevinpaz is offline Active Member

Default Outlook work offline after email send

Hi there,

When a bunch of my users send an email the outlook client gives an error message (The settings for connecting to the Zimbra server may be incorrect. Please verify that they are correct. A common cause of this error is an incorrect value for Use Secure Connection. Outlook will be set to Offline Mode.) and goes into offline. After clicking file - work offline it returns online and then works OK. These disconnects happen once out of every 2-3 messages. Looking through the forum suggested tailing mailbox.log for errors - unfortunately even during a disconnect there's no errors thrown.

A previous thread suggested an upgrade to 5.0.8 and the newest client - this has been done and we're still getting the errors. Some clients are using outlook 2003, some 2007 - doesn't seem to make a difference.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
    Kevin

Here is some comments from one of my end users:

I just found something that may help us solve the issue of why an email doesn’t get sent.

I just replied to an email from Teresa’s computer. The settings are set up so that as soon as a message arrives in the Outbox it does a Send/Receive. However, the email was not sent. When I looked at the Outbox the email was still sitting there with this icon. - . It should have had an icon that looked like this: .

When I opened the message (in the Outbox) and did another “Send” it again stored the message with the icon.

When I replied to the same message as above it briefly displayed the icon (I think – it was extremely brief) and then the message was sent. Yet the 1st reply to message was still sitting there.

I recreated the icon by disabling the auto send/receive and then after sending a message I opened it up again. Then rather then sending it I just closed it. This indicated to me that the messages are not being closed properly prior to being sent.

So now is that an Outlook issue or a Zimbra connector issue? Or is there another setting that should be set. I have never seen this issue in Outlook before. Also, this same issue has occurred on both Outlook 2003 and 2007.

After trying to resend the message many many many times without success I started Outlook in SAFE mode and the message was sent immediately after opening the message that was still sitting in the Outbox and then pressing the send button.

Outlook is normally started with the “/recycle” switch.
    Last edited by kevinpaz; 07-26-2008 at 03:00 PM. Reason: Added end user details

alee is offline Former Zimbran

Quote Originally Posted by kevinpaz View Post
    Hi there,

When a bunch of my users send an email the outlook client gives an error message (The settings for connecting to the Zimbra server may be incorrect. Please verify that they are correct. A common cause of this error is an incorrect value for Use Secure Connection. Outlook will be set to Offline Mode.) and goes into offline. After clicking file - work offline it returns online and then works OK. These disconnects happen once out of every 2-3 messages. Looking through the forum suggested tailing mailbox.log for errors - unfortunately even during a disconnect there's no errors thrown.

A previous thread suggested an upgrade to 5.0.8 and the newest client - this has been done and we're still getting the errors. Some clients are using outlook 2003, some 2007 - doesn't seem to make a difference.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
    Kevin

Here is some comments from one of my end users:

I just found something that may help us solve the issue of why an email doesn’t get sent.

I just replied to an email from Teresa’s computer. The settings are set up so that as soon as a message arrives in the Outbox it does a Send/Receive. However, the email was not sent. When I looked at the Outbox the email was still sitting there with this icon. - . It should have had an icon that looked like this: .

When I opened the message (in the Outbox) and did another “Send” it again stored the message with the icon.

When I replied to the same message as above it briefly displayed the icon (I think – it was extremely brief) and then the message was sent. Yet the 1st reply to message was still sitting there.

I recreated the icon by disabling the auto send/receive and then after sending a message I opened it up again. Then rather then sending it I just closed it. This indicated to me that the messages are not being closed properly prior to being sent.

So now is that an Outlook issue or a Zimbra connector issue? Or is there another setting that should be set. I have never seen this issue in Outlook before. Also, this same issue has occurred on both Outlook 2003 and 2007.

After trying to resend the message many many many times without success I started Outlook in SAFE mode and the message was sent immediately after opening the message that was still sitting in the Outbox and then pressing the send button.

Outlook is normally started with the “/recycle” switch.
    can you post some logs outlining the situation?
    the 5.0.8 bug that should keep that dialog from show up (unless it really is a connection mismatch error) is http://bugzilla.zimbra.com/show_bug.cgi?id=27213

kevinpaz is offline Active Member

Thanks for the link - i'll hang tight for 5.0.9. I just wanted to make sure it was a known error. If I can manage to trap the event i'll attach the logs. Thanks

Thread Information