Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Outlook 2007: Data file needs checked

akertis is offline Active Member

Default Outlook 2007: Data file needs checked

We are currently running 5.0.7NE but we have an issue with one user where everytime they start outlook 2007 it seems to say:

Outlook didn't close correctly and the data file needs checked for consistency.

Has anyone seen this error before? It is very annoying and i'm not sure if its the zimbra connector causing outlook to not shut down correctly or not.

Thanks,

AJ

alee is offline Former Zimbran

Quote Originally Posted by akertis View Post
    We are currently running 5.0.7NE but we have an issue with one user where everytime they start outlook 2007 it seems to say:

Outlook didn't close correctly and the data file needs checked for consistency.

Has anyone seen this error before? It is very annoying and i'm not sure if its the zimbra connector causing outlook to not shut down correctly or not.

Thanks,

AJ
    do you have any addins installed in outlook?

iway is offline Partner (VAR/HSP)

Yes, we have. With some users, this repeatedly appears. Mostly it helps reinstalling the connector.

Quote Originally Posted by interways View Post
    Yes, we have. With some users, this repeatedly appears. Mostly it helps reinstalling the connector.
    is there any way that you can figure out a mapping of people with addins and which ones vs people having the problem?

maybe there is something consistent we can find that will indicate what the problem is.

carlswart is offline Member

Default ZCO - data file error

We are running:
    ZCS 5.0.8 GA 2458 on RHEL4
    ZCO 5.0.8_GA_2458_5.0.2662.8.msi on Windows Vista with Outlook 2007.

We regularly get the "The data file 'Zimbra - Xxxxxxx Xx Xxxxx' was not closed properly. This file is being checked for problems." - See the attached screen dump.

At a stage it was so bad that it rendered ZCO useless. At that point in time we upgraded ZCS AND ZCO to version 5.0.8. Stability has increased a bit but the problem remains.

Any suggestions on how to fix or find the problem?

We will be posting the information as suggested at Tips on how to report errors with the ZCS Outlook Connector in a few hours time.

I hope to provide more diagnostic information at that point in time.
    Attached Images Attached Images

irvingpop is offline Member

Default bump

Me too. My data file must be checked every single time I open outlook. Could this have something to do with the recent updates to Outlook 2007 from Microsoft, which changed the closing behavior?

Lynner is offline Partner (VAR/HSP)

I also have a user who is experiencing the same issues. Sounds like it was an add-in that was causing the issue I am still waiting to hear back on if that was the fix or not. I am hoping this is the issue
    Eric J Lynner
    Dynamic Business Solutions

“Computers are good at following instructions, but not at reading your mind.”
    – Donald Knuth

akertis is offline Active Member

The one user that has been having this issue has disabled every add-in but the business contact manager. I'm going to have another use this add-in and see if it starts causing issues for them or not. The user having issues does have a rather large .zdb file but i'm not sure if thats related in anyway. Anyone have any other ideas for a workaround?

GCamp is offline Active Member

I am also having this problem with multiple users. I have tried disabling add-ins but there are 4 add-ins that would not allow me to remove:
    Microsoft Outlook Mobile Service
    OutlookAddIn
    Windows Search Email Indexer
    Zimbra Sharing Addin

If I hd to make a guess (and that is all it would be) I would say that the Indexer is doing something to the zdb file.

This has been a small thing but as our storage requirements grow I do not want to see it become a royal pain.

Quote Originally Posted by GCamp View Post
    I am also having this problem with multiple users. I have tried disabling add-ins but there are 4 add-ins that would not allow me to remove:
    Microsoft Outlook Mobile Service
    OutlookAddIn
    Windows Search Email Indexer
    Zimbra Sharing Addin

If I hd to make a guess (and that is all it would be) I would say that the Indexer is doing something to the zdb file.

This has been a small thing but as our storage requirements grow I do not want to see it become a royal pain.
    you should also check "add/remove programs" to see if you can directly remove some of these components...or you can open outlook and look at the installation components and try to remove components there. obviously, you need the zimbra sharing addin but the rest could go.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information