Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Outlook 2007: Data file needs checked

henry is offline Zimbra Employee

Some update on this.
    If you have iTunes installed disable it's Outlook addin (it installs 2 addins. iTunes and Outlook Change Notifier. So disable the Change Notifier). It holds several provider objects and PST cannot go down properly. I checked this with latest version of iTunes. And just before reporting make sure that you tried to disable all third-party Outlook addins.
    Last edited by henry; 11-02-2008 at 06:07 AM.
    Regards
    Henry

kelsey is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by henry View Post
    Do you have to kill outlook process manually or it goes down itself when you close it?

Is it constantly reproducible for you or you have some activities to be done before this problem is reproduced.

Any details are welcome. This will help to hunt this hasty bug down.

Have you tried to disable all custom software addins if they exist.
    We cannot fix this bug if the culprit is not ours so we need additional info to detect what goes wrong.
    Hi,

It does this every single time. I note that it got worse when I Disabled skype from syncing contacts (because that causes the other, more irritating bug where OUTLOOK.EXE doesn't shut down, and then outlook silently stops synchronizing, but reports success).

The only other add-in I have is Adobe PDF but that was added recently and my issues predate this.

I am quite happy to provide any diagnostics to resolve this, if you give me some instructions.

Kelsey

kelsey is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by henry View Post
    Some update on this.
    If you have iTunes installed disable it's Outlook addin (it installs 2 addins. iTunes and Outlook Change Notifier. So disable the Change Notifier). It holds several provider objects and PST cannot go down properly. I checked this with latest version of iTunes. And just before reporting make sure that you tried to disable all third-party Outlook addins.
    Yes, that does seem to fix it (sorry, just read this one after posting my previous comment). I guess this shouldn't make a difference to contact syncing if I am doing it through the internet rather than locally?

syoung is offline Active Member

Thanks goes to the Zimbra staff, I upgraded to 5.0.10 in hope of resolving this problem and it seemed to have not worked.

Removing the iTunes Add-In within Outlook has fixed it and my Outlook closes instantly!

wgammill is offline Member

Default out fix for this...

i was having this problem with three user laptops, all running office 07 and windows xp. removing all addins except the zimbra one fixed it in all 3 cases.

mikelcu is offline Senior Member

Unfortunately, I haven't had the same success. I just upgraded both the server and my test Outlook 2007 client from 5.0.9 -> 5.0.11 and the problem persists. I have disabled all the default add-ins including "Windows Search Email Indexer" and "Outlook Change Notifier" (which presumably clients will actually need). And, OL still reports "A data file did not close properly" about 95% of the time on restart. Every now and then, it seems to close and start up properly, but we can't find a pattern to the behavior.

I don't think this is fixed: Bug 31266 – Outlook Data File Not Closed Properly - Data File Check upon opening of Outlook

-Mike

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread Information