Thread: Calendar / Contact Sharing Issue w/ Outlook 2007

dfriestedt is offline Senior Member

Default Calendar / Contact Sharing Issue w/ Outlook 2007

I'm having a contact / calendar sharing issue on one computer in the network that is running Outlook 2007.

I'm using ZimbraOlkConnector-5.0.2615.6 for the connector and running Zimbra Network - 5.0.6 on Ubuntu 64b.

On all other computers I can share and view shared contacts / calendars / emails / etc without a single problem. However, on one computer when I click on properties and then sharing and then add and select internal I get a message that says: Failed to Find Zimbra Global Address List in Address Book.

On this one particular computer I'm able to access the global address book when sending emails.

Any ideas on what's wrong?
    Last edited by dfriestedt; 07-02-2008 at 12:10 PM.

chimaster is offline Loyal Member

I'm thinking SSL Certificate. I'm just waiting for my tomcat SSL cert. IE7 & Outlook 2007 won't talk to zimbra without a valid cert. I haven't managed to find a workaround for MS yet. But will post results when I get a valid cert tomorrow. ;-)

Default Availability

I've managed to get my SSL certificate in. We can now do scheduling for appointments.

However, shared calendars are not appearing in Outlook 2007. They are available in Webmail and zimbra desktop but not in Outlook. What's the haps?

gnyce is offline Advanced Member

completely un-educated guess, but dont' you have to do (from outlook) a File. open mailbox or something like that to get the shared calendar in there??

Thumbs down Bug

Was a bug apparently, I'm going to upgrade to 5.0.8 tonight which is supposed to fix the problem. It's been known for 3 months +. It's a shame I had to submit a case using up a support ticket when it was in the forums.

Zimbra team, please help out people using your forums too, community is built on community, not by not letting people know about well known or submitted bugs via the forums. People rely on forums for good solid useful information.

"Bug 26163 was submitted and was resolved within release 5.0.7 that deals with a ZCO calendar share issue."

Thread Information