Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: ZCO cannot sync outlook calendar

btsang is offline Active Member

Default ZCO cannot sync outlook calendar

It used to work fine before, but starting this week, seems like ZCO cannot sync the appointment I created in outlook to the Zimbra server. However, if I create the appoinmtne in Zimbra server, it can sync over to outlook. Other than this, task and mail seems can sync without any issue. Anyone have an idea on why outlook calendar cannot sync to Zimbra server? or know of any fix?

I am using ZCO 5.0.3 on Outlook 2007. While we are planning to upgrade to 5.0.5, we are not there yet.

Thanks,
    Bosco

Forgotten to add what I've tried to resolve this (all of course doesn't help), which are ...

1. remove the zimbra.zdb file from the profile and let it re-create

2. run setup and repair ZCO

3. completely uninstall ZCO and install it back again

fsiegel is offline Zimbra Employee

Maybe you've got some bad data. Enable ZCO logging and post the logs. and I'll take a look.

I have attached the logfiles as requested.

Just to let you know the timestamp so you can go to the correct log entries. When logging was on, I created a test appointment at 9:22am (then do a send/receive but won't sync) and delete it on 9:26am (then do another send/receive but won't sync as well).

Thanks.

Your log file is full of problems with invalid entry ids, but it's hard to see what exactly is invalid. Can you enable verbose logging (with ZcoLogCtrl), try this again, and send the new logs?

Thanks

Here is the a re-run after enable the verbose logging ...thanks.

Well, it seems that your main store looks unhealthy. I notice the account name is Zimbra -. We have had problems in this area, the latest being bug 25539. Did you change the account name on this store? You mentioned that starting this week, things began to go bad. Do you remember any particular event that happened that might have changed your account?

I would suggest that you upgrade to the latest version. 5.0.6 is out now. If you don't want to do that, I suggest you create a new profile and initial sync.

Let me know what you decide to do.

As I already tried to re-install and initial sync. The best bet now I guess is to upgrade to the latest version 5.0.6, but have following questions ...

1. we are currently at 5.0.3 for the server, thus we don't have ZCO 5.0.6 yet. Is it possible for me to get a copy of 5.0.6 prior to our server upgrade? If so, where? also, will it be compatible with server 5.0.3?

2. I've read from the following that there are some sync issue with ZCO 5.0.6 as well. Is 5.0.6 stable enough for me to upgrade?

Thanks.

Not sure about the process of getting copies of server, etc. You'd probably want to talk to support about that. But we had problems on a clean install, where the account name wouldn't get created properly. What if you keep the same installation, but just create a new profile and initial sync. Curious if that would solve your problem.

Zimbra is the profile name, that's been given by default when I install ZCO. It's not my account name at all. I have tried many times create a new profile and sync again which spend most of my time and doesn't work. I am really tried of this process now which seems can't get me anywhere.

As we will be testing 5.0.6 in our test environment soon, I will wait till then to upgrade my ZCO. But, can you comment on the stability of ZCO 5.0.6 as it doesn't look very promoting when I read what others experience with it in the forum.

Thanks.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information