Thread: Zimbra Outlook Connector erases all pre-existing Microsoft Outlook accounts

abb
    abb is offline Starter Member

Unhappy Zimbra Outlook Connector erases all pre-existing Microsoft Outlook accounts

Hi,

I have recently installed the Outlook Connector for Zimbra, and to my surprise, after I started my Microsoft Outlook 2003 client and put in my Zimbra credentials to create the Zimbra account, I saw that all the pop3 and imap accounts I had in there had been erased.
    Did I miss anything? Is there a way to install the Connector and keep the pre-existing Outlook email accounts?

thank you!
    abb

alee is offline Former Zimbran

Quote Originally Posted by abb View Post
    Hi,

I have recently installed the Outlook Connector for Zimbra, and to my surprise, after I started my Microsoft Outlook 2003 client and put in my Zimbra credentials to create the Zimbra account, I saw that all the pop3 and imap accounts I had in there had been erased.
    Did I miss anything? Is there a way to install the Connector and keep the pre-existing Outlook email accounts?

thank you!
    abb
    when you install ZCO, it will create a new profile. if those other accounts where added as services to another profile...you won't see them in your ZCO profile. go to control panel->mail and see if it is set to automatically launch a particular profile when you start outlook. if this is the case, you have a couple of options...you can set things up to always select a profile when outlook starts...if you do this then you can select the profile with the pop3 and imap services in it when you want to access those accounts. or you can add those accounts to your zimbra created profile.

abb
    abb is offline Starter Member

Quote Originally Posted by alee View Post
    when you install ZCO, it will create a new profile. if those other accounts where added as services to another profile...you won't see them in your ZCO profile. go to control panel->mail and see if it is set to automatically launch a particular profile when you start outlook. if this is the case, you have a couple of options...you can set things up to always select a profile when outlook starts...if you do this then you can select the profile with the pop3 and imap services in it when you want to access those accounts. or you can add those accounts to your zimbra created profile.
    Thank you for the tip! It turned out that after I added the Zimbra account to my Outlook, it was created as a second profile.
    The question now is, how do I place all of my email accounts in one profile?

LMStone is offline Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by abb View Post
    The question now is, how do I place all of my email accounts in one profile?
    You have two choices:

1. Add the other POP/IMAP accounts to the new Zimbra profile in Outlook.
    2. Add the other POP/IMAP accounts to your account on the Zimbra server, and let the Zimbra server collect all those other emails for you going forward.

To get all of the emails already in Outlook from those other other POP/IMAP accounts into your Zimbra Outlook profile, you can use the Zimbra pst Import Wizard.

Hope that helps,
    Mark

Thread Information