Thread: Possible solution for outlook connector and Outlook 2007 problem installation

dcochrane is offline New Member

Default Possible solution for outlook connector and Outlook 2007 problem installation

Whilst trying to install the outlook connector I encountered numberous problems ranging from profile not being created, unable to load LSMSSP.DLL, Error(127), PST File Path Prepend to your PATH environment the directory containing the mspst32.dll installed with Outlook.

By searching through the forum I found numerous topics which suggests different solutions. I have pieced together other peoples suggestions which I found relevant.

Anyway shown below is a step by step breakdown of what I did to get it to install correctly for me.

1. Search for the following file on your system MSPST32.DLL
      My search showed the file in the folder C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12\1033\
    2. If your search doesn't find the file in folder C:\Program Files\Common Files\msmapi\1033\ copy the file that was found into this folder (create any folders you need to ensure the path is as stated).
    3. Add the 2 paths shown above, or returned by your search, to the Environment variables
      1. To do this go to Start Menu, Select Control Pane, Select System, Click the Advanced tab. At bottom of page click Environment Variables button. Window will show an area with various variables. Find the variable PATH. Click on it and then click the Edit button at the bottom of the page. Page will now show an input field with other things in it. Scroll to the end and add a ; C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12\1033; C:\Program Files\Common Files\msmapi

(Please note I have placed the paths above that were found in my search)
    4. Browse to the directory C:\Program Files\Common Files\System\MSMAPI\1033\ and ensure that the only file in the directory is a file called MSMAPI32.DLL (If you have any other files in there create a new directory and move them into the newly created directory for safe keeping)
    5. Install the outlook-connector (I used ZimbraOlkConnector-5.0.5_GA_2199_5.0.2580.5.msi) and follow the instructions.
    Doing the above gave me a new profile for my Zimbra account and everything worked fine.

I hope the above helps somebody out.

David
    Last edited by dcochrane; 06-03-2008 at 01:33 AM.

mettro1 is offline Starter Member

I followed your instructions exactly for my Dell 1330 laptop running Windows Vista Ultimate and Outlook 2007, and they worked perfectly. The MSPST32.DLL file was there, but was one directory "higher" than the \1033 subdirectory you referenced. I copied the file "down to" the \1033 subdirectory, added the Environmental PATH statements as you described, and Outlook opened and synched with Zimbra, perfectly. My Outlook 2007 client, my remote Zimbra account at DatasyncSuite.com and my Blackberry 8830 (synching with the BES at DatasyncSuite.com) are now synching emails, calendar, contacts...the works. Huge help - thanks!

dcochrane is offline New Member

Default Glad it worked

Hi mettro1,

Glad it worked for you. Thanks for giving it a try and reporting back.

David

fsoares is offline Intermediate Member

Hi dcochrane,

Just to tell you that I installed Office 2010 version and got this error. I followed your instructions and it worked. Thank you for this post!!

zhangtong3910 is offline Starter Member

My office 2010 on WinXP Sp3 hit this same issue.

I just remove the zimbra outlook connector and delete the
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\System\MSMAPI\1033

Then I reinstall the zimbra connector and the new files come back under
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\System\MSMAPI\1033

It works now.

Datum is offline New Member

I used to have the problem with the MSMAPI error however, (outlook 2010) when I install zimbra outlook connector after a clean office install. The connector doesn't launch when you run the Outlook application. It just goes straight to the normal Outlook setup.

Any ideas?

Apple_Eater is offline Member

Just another user here thanking you for the solution! I've had this problem with one of our clients for months and multiple reinstalls of office did nothing, and support was *no* help. Outlook 2007 SP3 on Windows XP, and now it's working perfectly!

Here's wondering how hard these steps would be to integrate into the Zimbra-provided MSI... seems like they should be able to check and correct these issues, but then again I'm not software developer.

Thread Information