Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Zimbra 5.02 Connector Calendar Issues

wendy is offline Starter Member

Exclamation Zimbra 5.02 Connector Calendar Issues

All,

The client's setup is simple, we just upgraded from 4.56 to 5.02, they were using the beta connector and are now using the most current connector with Outlook.

This client shares multiple calendars through Outlook, he keeps track of all his employees through the Calendar. They are using the new connector that comes with 5.02 and we thought this would clear up some of the problems they had with 4.56.

Events created in Outlook (they do not want to use Zimbra side to create events) without an attendee are not showing up in shared Outlook calendar. We thought a good workaround was to just create events in Zimbra and to add yourself to the event as an attendee...but that doesn't appear to be working now either.

Anyone know a solution or a workaround for this problem?

atstoddard is offline Junior Member

Default shared calendar issue

I have had the same issue since upgrading to 5.0.2. Item on shared calendars do not appear consistently in Outlook on different users calendars. The items appear to show correctly in Zimbra browser interface, but are not appearing correctly in Outlook. I have tried creating the calendar item in the shared calendar and have tried copying it from a non-shared calendar to the shared calendar. So far I haven't found a consistent pattern.

Are others having this problem or do not many people use shared calendars in Outlook?

A.T.

EnriqueI is offline Special Member

Quote Originally Posted by wendy View Post
    All,

The client's setup is simple, we just upgraded from 4.56 to 5.02, they were using the beta connector and are now using the most current connector with Outlook.

This client shares multiple calendars through Outlook, he keeps track of all his employees through the Calendar. They are using the new connector that comes with 5.02 and we thought this would clear up some of the problems they had with 4.56.

Events created in Outlook (they do not want to use Zimbra side to create events) without an attendee are not showing up in shared Outlook calendar. We thought a good workaround was to just create events in Zimbra and to add yourself to the event as an attendee...but that doesn't appear to be working now either.

Anyone know a solution or a workaround for this problem?
    I have also duplicated this bug in a fresh install of Zimbra 5.02 with some, but not all, users. I've created a bug ticket:
    Bug 25849 - Some Calendar entries not syncing for some users:

Rich Graves is offline Outstanding Member

"Me too." Outlook 2007 on XP. I assume at least one of you is seeing this with Outlook 2003, since you mention you were using it with 4.5.6. We delayed any Outlook deployments until 2007 was (supposedly!) GA quality.

Sorry, I forgot to mention my workaround.

If the creator invites themselves as an attendee, the calendar will sync, and the entry will show up once in Zimbra, but twice in Outlook.

Edit:

This is OUTLOOK 2007

Oh, somebody please post/submit logs as described at Outlook Troubleshooting Options - Zimbra :: Wiki

I've been trying to get this data from users experiencing the problem, but we're all too busy with a GroupWise-to-Zimbra migration at this time.

I went through the logs, however, I could not find anything out of the ordinary. Granted, my eyes are untrained eyes. The next time I turn on logging I will test it.

I would imagine that information useful to trained eyes would include:

1) Export source calendar from ZWC (Preferences)
    2) In Outlook Mail tab, right-click and Close
    3) Turn on logging (requires Outlook restart, I think)
    4) File/Open Other User's Mailbox. F9. Wait. It's probably helpful if you could arrange to have no other activity affecting the mailbox.
    5) F9 again. When sync is done and at least some items show up in the shared calendar, export the shared calendar from Outlook as CSV or iCal, or possibly even share the .zdb file showing the problem with Zimbra.

Obviously, if this is private information, you're going to want to flag the bug (or support case) as private. If someone could reproduce this on a test account, that'd be ideal. So far, we haven't.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Graves View Post
    I would imagine that information useful to trained eyes would include:

1) Export source calendar from ZWC (Preferences)
    2) In Outlook Mail tab, right-click and Close
    3) Turn on logging (requires Outlook restart, I think)
    4) File/Open Other User's Mailbox. F9. Wait. It's probably helpful if you could arrange to have no other activity affecting the mailbox.
    5) F9 again. When sync is done and at least some items show up in the shared calendar, export the shared calendar from Outlook as CSV or iCal, or possibly even share the .zdb file showing the problem with Zimbra.

Obviously, if this is private information, you're going to want to flag the bug (or support case) as private. If someone could reproduce this on a test account, that'd be ideal. So far, we haven't.
    Sounds like a plan. Like you, I am still working out kinks from a migration... from Lotus Domino 5. Ew.

Hey, I think our bug may be a duplicate of Bug 24104 - Outlook crashes on exist if addin fails to initialize all controls which is reported fixed in 5.0.3, which based on Zimbra Product Portal may be released very soon.

Zimbra employees are going to be too smart to suggest this, but I think it would be great if someone (not me) would clear the way with users/management for an upgrade to 5.0.3 perhaps as early as this weekend...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information