Thread: Outlook connector and Motorola Q phone

lavagirl is offline Junior Member

Default Outlook connector and Motorola Q phone

Hi...I've been working with Tech support on this for about 6 weeks and I just got the crazy idea to post a question here! (Don't know why I didn't think of it before). I have recently upgraded my Zimbra server to the Network edition with the Outlook Add-in included. I do not have the Mobile connector, so my users with smart phones are synching via USB, which is fine for now (we don't have that many). One of my users (happens to be the principal of the school that I work at, so he is really IMPORTANT :-) ) has a Motorola Q smart phone and his whole life is on his calendar/email/tasks on his computer. When we converted to Zimbra network and changed the accounts to Zimbra profiles, he lost the ability to synch to his phone. It acts like it is synching, says it synchs, but nothing actually gets copied to the phone. New items initiated FROM the phone will synch to the computer, and old items get duplicated on the computer, but absolutely NOTHING synchs to the phone. Is ANYONE out there familiar with this or successfully synching to a MotoQ phone using the Zimbra Outlook connector? Tech support is trying to recreate the problem/environment, but I thought someone may have some insight on this???? Thanks for any help...

sam
    sam is offline Zimbra Employee

If you have a zimbra network edition, why not use ZimbraMobile and sync with the Q wirelessly?
    Sam Khavari

:: :: [ Zimbra ] :: :: [ Bugzilla ] :: :: [ Product Portal ] :: :: [ Wiki ] :: :: [ Downloads ] :: :: [ . ] ::

lavagirl is offline Junior Member

We didn't get the Zimbra Mobile connector. It's an extra $500 per year. We may end up having to go that route, but we only have 3 people right now who synch to smart phones, out of 100.

Thread Information