ZCS Installation Interrupted (x10) on WinXP / Outlook 2007
I have tried for the last 8 hours to get this to work and even had a colleague help me out where, in a virtual machine on a Mac, he was able to get it successfully configured on his machine, but not on my native Windows XP (Thinkpad T61)...
I am using:
- Windows XP
- Office 2007 Small Biz, SP 1
I tried installing: ZimbraOlkConnector-4.5.10_GA_1571_4.5.436.msi
Here are the paths that I took:
* Install the MSI. It bombed with an Installation Interrupted message. When I reinstall to repair it, it seems to work but I never get prompted with the Zimbra config. Instead, I eventually get the following message:
*I even went through some of the debugging steps outlined in other posts here in this forum... I even tried to doctor up C:\Program Files\Common Files\SYSTEM\MSMAPI\1033\Mapisvc.inf so that it looked ok. Copied over my colleagues version of that file. Nothing.
Cannot open your defailt e-mail folders. An unexpected error has occured. MAPI was unable to load the information service LSMSSP.DLL. Be sure the service is correctly installed and configured.
* I uninstalled Office, and uninstalled ActiveSync. then reinstalled just office. Same problem. Same Symptoms
I've captured the logfile of the .MSI installation (both of them -- the first one that got interrupted and the second one that seems to have completed it).
Can anyone help me on this? I have uploaded the logfiles as well as the Mapisvc.inf file for inspection...
Any help would be much appreciated!
Sometimes "working" is better than "not working."
Absolutely... Thanks for the caveat emptor.
Originally Posted by henry
My reality, however, is that I'm a simple Luser, and so I don't make decisions on whether my company goes to 5.0 or not.... As I understand it, 5.0 is fairly recent and there might be some things that need to get ironed out.
Like it or not, the server is stuck at 4.5 for the time being, but i still want to use Outlook 2007, so this kludge works. It'd be nice to have a more elegant solution (such as a newly updated installer for 4.5 versions that include the PATH directive), but whatever. It works.
Hopefully, someone else who is in the same predicament can find the solution above helpful.