Thread: 5.0.1 - On behalf of

bramm is offline Active Member

Default 5.0.1 - On behalf of

I have users connected by the Outlook connector and Outlook 2007. With the latest connector it is possible to select a "From adress" in the personas tab.

All of my users have a primary mail account as firstname@domain.com and domain.com is my primary domain. All of the users have an alias firstname.lastname@domain.com. And I have made a domain alias that is domain.net.

I would like a user to be able to select the from adress as firstname.lastname@domain.net. This is only possible if I add a alias manually for this domain, is this correct? And if I do, is there any way to get rid of the Send on behalf of line? I just want it to apear be sended by that e-mail adres and not the on behalf of mail adress.

Is this possible?

sam
    sam is offline Zimbra Employee

yes, if you add the alias, the on-behalf-of will not appear. On-behalf-of appears when the identity of the 'from' user and the identity of the mailbox owner are not the same.
    Sam Khavari

:: :: [ Zimbra ] :: :: [ Bugzilla ] :: :: [ Product Portal ] :: :: [ Wiki ] :: :: [ Downloads ] :: :: [ . ] ::

Quote Originally Posted by sam View Post
    yes, if you add the alias, the on-behalf-of will not appear. On-behalf-of appears when the identity of the 'from' user and the identity of the mailbox owner are not the same.
    Unfortunalty this is not true. I think this lies in the case that I use an alias domain also, instead of a alias on the real domain?

That is not the case, if I just select an alias in my persona's tab, the "On behalf" sentence always appears. Can someone help me with this? We are using it as a Bussiness solution and this does not look very professional.

sam
    sam is offline Zimbra Employee

shut down outlook, enable zco logging, send a message, shut down outlook and post the log. PM me if you dont' want to include the log on this forum thread.
    Sam Khavari

:: :: [ Zimbra ] :: :: [ Bugzilla ] :: :: [ Product Portal ] :: :: [ Wiki ] :: :: [ Downloads ] :: :: [ . ] ::

albanach is offline Active Member

Default Same issue

I have the same issue here. I had started a new thread because I wasn't able to change the outgoing address.

When I select (under persona in Outlook 2003) to use the persona as an outlook identity, I get all the emails sent 'on behalf of'

Do you want my log file?

gersh is offline Loyal Member

Default "On Behalf Of"

Was this issue resolved?

Problem: If an executive share's her mail folder with an admin assistant, how does the assistant send email in the executive's name without "on behalf of" showing in the message? i.e., the message should appear to be from the executive.

gersh

albanach is offline Active Member

I continue to have troubles with the latest version of the Network Edition. I no longer even get messages sent 'on behalf of' they just go as the default account email address.

I cannot even send using an alias via the web interface. It's quite a big problem and very frustrating.

Thread Information