Thread: ZCO on 64bit Vista

janderson is offline Active Member

Default ZCO on 64bit Vista

Will the ZCO function properly on 64bit Vista using Outlook 2007 64bit? I'm not seeing any mention of OS version compatibility.

void is offline Active Member

So far I have had nothing but problems trying to get the Outlook Connector working.

ZimbraOlkConnector-4.5.9_GA_1451_4.5.402

I am running Vista Business Edition 64bit, with Outlook2007 because 2003 doesn't work at all with this OS. The connector barfs after installation and says the install was interrupted. Then running it again and choosing "repair" says install is complete and to run outlook.

Running Outlook gives me a "choose your profile" and Zimbra isn't one of them.

I can hold my back users from upgrading for only so long, an answer to this problem would be much appreciated. Bugzilla indicates that most outlook 2007 bugs are closed / fixed, but clearly the number of problems I see posted here indicates otherwise.

mmorse is offline Moderator

Void, it may be time to upgrade your zimbra install...
    ZCS 5.0.1 is out!

I have heard that the latest version supports Outlook 2007. I'll be upgrading tomorrow morning, my install is running a backup now and will probably take all night... lots of email here.

My fingers are crossed... my lucky rabbits foot is being lucky... my clover has 4 leafs... and the blinking lights are all green. Al the proper voodoo is being done. Hopefully this upgrade goes well and tomorrow morning I can start using Outlook 2007 to read my email.

mmorse is offline Moderator

Did you remember the ceremonial dance? - the dance is key

We've had success using the 5.0 connector with Outlook 07, but I'm specifically interested if it works on the 64bit edition.

Do any Zimbra employees here know?

It appears that part of my voodoo failed. I could have neglected the dance...

I upgraded to 5.0.1 this weekend with no trouble at all. It went smooth as butter.

Then I downloaded and installed the new ZCO from the admin panel and it installed without complaint! I was excited, as the one from my previous version would crash and complain.

I ran outlook, and nothing. It is still just plain old Outlook 2007. Nothing came up asking me for my Zimbra account info as it used to do with Outlook 2003.

It appears that Vista 64 with Office 2007 gets the NO box checked for compatibility so far.

I'll try one more desperate measure: Uninstalling everything and starting from scratch. More to come I'm sure. Stay tuned true believers.

Did you try adding your zimbra account to Outlook 2007? Or is the zimbra collab suite not showing up under the other server types?

Just wasn't showing up when I started Outlook, like it used to on a new install where it would pop-up and ask me for my connection info. The ZCO even says it will ask next time you run Outlook.

When it didn't, that made me nervous. The mail control panel in windows that you could use to switch profile is now gone in Vista, so I had no idea how to tell Outlook to use the Zimbra profile or server etc.

I wiped out Office complete. Gone.

Then I installed it again, and did not run Outlook which would engage its stupid new account system. I installed the latest ZCO without incident, and then ran Outlook.

It worked. My mail (all 5 gigs of it) is now syncing up.

Yay for new versions! (and creole voodoo)

Thread Information